Don't Test Me

"Wooyoung, would you please get back over here?" Hongjoong snapped as he gently pushed Yeosang towards Seonghwa.

Seonghwa immediately grabbed Yeosang's wrist and pulled him close beside him. Yeosang was busy looking around the bustling airport, his eyes wide with an almost childish wonder. Behind them, Yunho had an arm about Mingi's shoulders. Mingi had his eyes shut and was rocking gently back and forth as he breathed deeply. Jongho was beside them, scrolling mindlessly through his phone.

Wooyoung had grabbed San by the wrist and was leading him towards a small shop. He glanced back when he heard Hongjoong's annoyed voice. But he just shot him a blank stare before continuing over to a stand that held a pile of key chains.

"Look, it's you," he teased San as he pointed out a picture of a funny looking character.

San pouted sulkily and began sifting through the key chains to find his revenge.

"Wooyoung and San," Hongjoong called again, pushing Yeosang out of the way of a cleaner's cart.

San looked up and, seeing Hongjoong's angry glare, quickly came scuttling back over. Wooyoung, however, seemed to not have heard as he continued spinning the stand around to see the other side. But by the way his jaw jutted out stubbornly, Hongjoong knew he wasn't really as oblivious as he was pretending.

Hongjoong let out a frustrated sigh and walked over there himself. He couldn't just grab Wooyoung because a group of giggling girls had stopped to snap some photos. And Wooyoung also knew this. His lips curled slightly as he moved further away to look at some mugs. But Hongjoong also knew how to play this game. He stood beside Wooyoung, pretending to stop and look also. Then, leaning forward as if he was checking the price, he hissed into Wooyoung's ear.

"Strike one, Wooyoung."

His words caused an instant reaction. Wooyoung straightened up, his eyes widening slightly. Hongjoong glanced at him, and his look told Wooyoung that he wasn't in the slightest bit amused. Gulping slightly, Wooyoung turned and went to rejoin the others. Hongjoong lingered for a moment longer before following after him.

Seonghwa in the meantime, had discovered their gate number, so they all followed him as he led the way. They arrived at the gate well ahead of time, so the Ateez members piled into a row of seats and sat down to wait. And then, like they commonly did, the younger ones began arguing over the window seat.

"You sat there last time," Wooyoung was complaining to Jongho.

Jongho just smirked. "Yeah, well, we all know you have to use the bathroom like three times on every flight. So you should take the aisle seat."

"I do not," Wooyoung protested. "That's Mingi."

Mingi's mouth gaped open as he heard his innocent name being drawn into the argument. "That's not true. But you are the one who keeps getting up all the time, became you get restless sitting for too long."

"No, that's Yunho cuz his legs get cramped."

Hongjoong rolled his eyes and leaned forward to tap them on the shoulder. "Yah, we're in public, so stop fighting."

"Oh, easy for you to say, Hyung," Wooyoung retorted. "You have the other window seat."

"Wooyoung, you are really testing me today," Hongjoong warned him. He felt Seonghwa press his hand over his thigh and took a deep breath. "Listen, you take the seat the managers booked for us. You are not supposed to swap seats anyway."

"Like anyone actually obeys that," Wooyoung muttered under his breath.

San gave him a comforting hug. "It's alright, Woo. You can have my middle seat. That way, you can still look out the window."