Cruel Words - Part 1

Author's Note: I do still have several situations (one or more for each member) for this book, but let me know if there are any particular story-lines/ideas you want me to write for this book. Or which member you want me to focus on next.

"Jongho-ah," Hongjoong gently pushed the door open and flicked the light on. Jongho was lying on his stomach on his bed, but he rolled over onto his side as he heard his leader enter the room. Hongjong noticed his wince, and held out his hand, stopping the maknae from rising off the bed. 

"It's okay. You don't need to get up." Hongjoong sat on the bed beside him. For a moment silence fell. Hongjoong didn't know why but he always found Jonghe the hardest to talk to in these sorts of moments, even if he was the youngest. Perhaps it was just because Jongho was so mature for his age and seemed older than he actually was. He sighed before glancing at the maknae. Jongho stirred, feeling uncomfortable and vulnerable from where he lay. He pushed himself up, gritting his teeth as the movement and weight sent a throbbing pain through his body. He shook his head at Hongjoong's protest and rose to his feet to stand before the leader. 

"I am really sorry, hyung. I know I deserved every bit of that and more."

Hongjoong smiled at him. "It is over now, Jongho. Everything will be left in the past, okay? We love you, Jongho, and you are a very important and irreplaceable member in our team. Don't you forget that."

He rose to his feet and hugged the younger man tightly. "I know it's hard to say out loud, but I love you all, okay? Don't make me do this again."

Jongho pressed his eyes shut against the tears that threatened to over-spill. "I love you too, hyung."

And with those words, Hongjoong almost caved with relief. All resentment was gone from the maknae's voice. Everything was okay now. It was finally over and they could all start a fresh page.

"You get some rest now, okay?" he told Jongho gently as he stepped back, his hand still resting on the maknae's shoulder. He could feel his own weariness creeping on him, but he ignored it, putting all his attention on the younger man before him. "If your hands feel too sore, you have my permission to go get some ointment to put on them. Alright?"

"Yes, hyung," replied Jongho, his wide smile beaming across his face. It had been like a heavy weight had been lifted off him, and Jongho was more than ready to go and fix everything. He didn't even mind the stinging in his hands.

Hongjoong patted his arm. "I'll see you in the morning."

Jongho watched his leader go, then with a happy sigh, climbed back onto his bed. He had just contently closed his eyes, when the door opened again. For a moment, there was no other sound. Curious, Jongho popped his head up and looked towards the door. His heart thudded, and his breath caught in his throat, as he stared at the person in the doorway.

Yeosang stared back, his eyes wide in fright. The air was thick with the awkward silence, as both racked their brains for a word or anything to break the tension. Not sure what else to do, Yeosang swung the door shut behind him, perhaps a little too hard. and winced as it closed loudly. Then bowing his head, he darted too his bed and dived beneath the blankets.

Jongho smiled at the typical shyness. In the same moment, Yeosang peeked out to see if Jongho was still looking, and caught the fond smile just as it quickly disappeared. He pulled himself up to sit cross-legged on the bed. They both stared at each other again, before Yeosang looked down, his hands fumbling at his pajamas's buttons.

"I'm sorry, Jongho," he whispered, causing Jongho to be taken aback. "I didn't mean to make a scene at the park. And I tried to tell them it was all part of the game, but they wouldn't listen to me."