A Fight

Breakfast went passed with as much tension as the night before. Wooyoung was feeling too ticked off about Jongho not being punished, that he didn't attempt to lighten the mood this time. And without his hype, San and Mingi were too tired. So, it was poor Yunho who felt obliged to make conversation despite not being the morning person.

"Do we have a schedule today, Hyung?" he asked Hongjoong.

Hongjoong sighed, leaning back in his chair to stare at his members. It was clearly a question he had been dreading. "We have a group outing today. It will be for film content so even if you are currently not getting along, you are going to fake it in front of the cameras, do you all understand?"

Without even meaning it, Hongjoong's eyes rested on Jongho. As he had expected, the maknae's lips had drawn into a hard line. But he saw the leader's gaze and nodded reluctantly. Hongjoong was too tired with all the latest events to make him verbalise the answer.

"Alright, then once breakfast is all cleared, we will get whatever we need and meet Manager Ho out the front."

*          *          *          *          *

 A couple of hours had passed by the time Ateez arrived at the large park. Their schedule first began with several of the members filming their individual content or doing dance covers. But after an hour or two, they were called together to choose a game to create fun content for their fans. After a couple of minutes of arguing and a round on paper, scissors, rock, it was decided they were going to play a game of soccer.

They divided into teams of four.  Hongjoong, Yunho, Wooyoung and Yeosang forming one team, and Seonghwa, Mingi, San, and Jongho on the other. Yunho and Mingi playfully teased each other on how each of their teams would win, while Wooyoung muttered sulkily about wanting to be on San's team. But as Seonghwa pointed out, it wouldn't be fair to have the two tallest members on one team. Wooyoung returned his point, by declaring Hongjoong would balance it out. But this backfired on him as everyone reminded him he was the second shortest of the eight members.

They moved to take their places, Wooyoung and San both volunteering to be the goalies. The crew finished setting up the cameras, and one gave a signal that they were ready. Ateez immediately went into action.

Jongho felt more and more competitive as the game went on. He had always excelled in sports, especially soccer. It had even been a path he had considered before he went on to become a singer and eventually a part of Ateez. The air rushed into his lungs as he breathed deeply, and the adrenaline pumped through his veins. This was his place right now. He felt above everything and as though nothing could take him down. But as those thoughts raced through his head, Yeosang appeared before him, blocking his path. Although not as skilled in the game as Jongho was, Yeosang was lighter on his feet and moved swiftly.

Annoyed by this, and half afraid that Yeosang would send him crashing from his high place of glory, Jongho shouldered him roughly. It had to have hurt. Jongho even glanced at his fellow member, hoping that it had. Yeosang's hand had gone to his bruised arm, his face expressionless and stiff as if he was trying not to show he wanted to wince.

As if the devil himself had suddenly whispered into his ear, Jongho realised that Yeosang couldn't protest in front of the cameras. If he caused a scene, the filming would be halted. That would either ruin what had been recorded so far or it would at least have to be cut and edited. Either way, the staff would be furious and everything might have to be redone. This thought was followed by another. No matter what he did in this game, Yeosang could not call attention to it. With this running maliciously through his mind, Jongho turned back to the game with a new passion.