Heart of a Leader

Hongjoong had had the most terrible night's sleep.

It had been well and truly in the early hours of the morning by the time he had gotten to bed. And even then, he wasn't able to go to the comfort of his own bed. It had been occupied by Wooyoung and San. Seonghwa had given his bed up to Mingi and Jongho, and had instead slept on the floor with Yeosang. It was almost like they had all forgotten there was a three bed bedroom upstairs.

So, Hongjoong had slept on San's bed instead. Although he hadn't said anything, Yunho had been extremely grateful for it.

But now it was the later hours of morning, and Hongjoong had forced himself to get out of bed and start his day. His head throbbed from the lack of sleep, but there was so much to be done. Hongjoong knew he had to get back to the company to send away the song he had been working on. It was supposed to be due by the afternoon.

Groaning aloud, Hongjoong pushed himself out of the bed. His body swayed at the sudden movement, and he gripped the top of the double-decker for support. He stood like that for a minute, his eyes tightly closed as he waited for his head to stop spinning.

At that moment, he heard the door open.

"You alright, hyung?"

Peeking out through his lashes, Hongjoong saw to his surprise that it was Yunho. His tall dongsaeng flushed at the questioning look on the leader's face.

"I thought I might as well get up and get it over with. I already apologised to Yeosang and Jongho. I think Jongho is still mad at me though."

Hongjoong nodded, as he straightened himself and stepped away from the bed. "And the others?"

Yunho shrugged. "San's still sleeping. Seonghwa-hyung went to the shops and I don't know where Wooyoung is. He might have gone with Seonghwa."

"Okay, very good."

Hongjoong stepped out of the room. He wasn't really listening to Yunho as well as he knew he should. Yunho's voice sounded distant and the words just seemed to go over his head. But Hongjoong knew there were still other things to be taken care of.

"You can apologize to the others later. I want you to come with me to the dorm."

"Hyung?"

Hongjoong glanced at him over his shoulder. "You have some things to return, I believe."

The confusion on Yunho's face was slowly replaced with an ashamed expression. "Do I have to, hyung?"

"I'll be there with you, Yunho. You won't have to talk to him alone."

Yunho nodded, but he still seemed doubtful. "I know he's my dongsaeng, but he tends to hold grudges. I am afraid he will try and get back at me for dobbing him in." He stepped back, his face flushing bright red, as Hongjoong turned around and stared at him in disbelief.

"I am sorry, hyung. I realise how stupid that was for me to say it."

Hongjoong only shook his head. "Just as long you keep that in mind. How you feel is how others will feel if you react in a negative way." He patted Yunho on the arm. "But come on, let's get this over with before the others return."

*           *          *          *          *

As soon as the practice door opened and Yunho entered followed by Hongjoong, Dae-hyun sprang to his feet, wiping his sweaty hands against his pants. His gaze flickering from the nervous Yunho to the angry Hongjoong, then back again as Yunho stepped forward, and held out the large bag he had been carrying.