Christmas Special - Tis the Season to be Jolly

It was Christmas day...and Hongjoong was trying to keep his cool.

It turned out that despite the fact he had sent two people to go collect drinks yesterday, one had come back with a new game controller, and the other had come home with a new cologne and a box of Couque D'ass. Their excuse was that they had both assumed the other one had bought the drinks. 

And Wooyoung was sulking because that very same cologne was in a carefully wrapped box upstairs.

"Okay, listen up," Hongjoong declared, clapping his hands together to catch their attention. "We are going to quickly duck down to the mall, and everyone can finish grabbing a present if they need to, while Seonghwa and I get the drinks."

The younger members were like a bunch of excited kids as they ran to grab their jackets and face masks. They weren't typically recognized too much on a normal day out in public, but they always took the extra precaution when all eight of them were going out as a group.

San managed to convince Wooyoung it wasn't the end of the world, and soon all eight members were on the way to the mall.

Despite the early morning lecture on "when I tell you to do something, I want you to listen", Jongho was in extraordinary high spirits. It was like the sound of Christmas music, and that special vibe that fills the air at this time of the year just made him want to be like a child again. And so to the amusement and delight of his hyungs, he was truly acting like a maknae.

Inside the mall, he walked ahead of the other members, staring up at all the bright lights with child-like fascination.

"Jongho, don't go wandering off," Seonghwa scolded lightly, as he grabbed the maknae's arm and pulled him away from the music shop he was about to enter into. "We'll get groceries first, and then we can split up."

Jongho was a little annoyed by this. He wasn't a kid. He was perfectly capable of getting around the shop by himself without his hyungs' babysitting him.

In truth, the matz hyungs only enforced that otherwise they would have all the younger members texting them with things they wanted the whole time they were trying to grocery shop. By making them all go together, everyone was responsible of getting what they personally wanted and it wasn't anyone else's fault if they forgot.

But they would soon regret this idea, as the group passed by the cold drinks.

"Let's grab coffee," San said, eagerly reaching out to grab the nearest coffee bottle.

"No, that's not Christmassy," Wooyoung protested, pushing San away and reaching for a carton of eggnog instead.

Jongho instantly smacked his hand aside. "We're not getting that. Eggnog is disgusting. I want to try this." He reached for a bottle of spiced ginger beer. 

But Wooyoung and San both pushed him back. 

"Uh uh, no way," San told him firmly. "That is disgusting."

"I bet it's better than that egg crap," Jongho protested, struggling against them both to try and reach the ginger beer. "It should be called eggnope, not eggnog."

"Your sense of taste is crap," Wooyoung retorted , quickly snatching up the eggnog and trying to make a run for it.

But Jongho latched onto his arm. "Hyung told me I could pick the drinks."

Wooyoung smiled sweetly at him. "But that was yesterday, Jongho-ah. The permission has expired."

Jongho looked around to see if the matz hyungs were there to defend him from this. But they were in a different aisle helping Yeosang decide on food colouring as he wanted them to have a cookie decorating contest.