1.

"A latte, please

"A latte, please."

I nod and smile at the cute boy standing behind the bar. "Good choice." He blushes and looks away. 

I pour him his coffee and ask his name. "Finn," he tells me. "Double n." I nod and write his name on the cup before giving it to him. "Do you want a piece of cake, Finn?"

His eyes widen and he quickly shakes his head. "N-no, thanks. It's to go, I have a date," he whispers, crimson red covering his cheeks.

I smile at him. "How cute! I hope you have fun." He pays and leaves through the door of the small coffee shop I work in. It's miss Elisabeth's, but she's too old to stand behind the bar. So, here I stand and there she sits, talking to the poor costumers who made the mistake to say hi.

I glance at the clock. Eleven sharp. I smile at Elisabeth and walk around the bar, since no costumers are needed to serve. "Are you enjoying yourself, miss Elisabeth? Do you want another piece of the strawberry pie?"

She squeals. "Oh, yes honey! Delicious!" She gives me her plate and I walk back behind the bar, giving her her piece. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but once she starts talking she never stops.

Never.

I head back to her, but the bell rings, indicating a costumer came in. I put on a gentle smile and turn.

A woman comes in, seeming rushed. "Quick, my usual." I stare at her, blankly. I have never seen that woman in my life, how am I supposed to know what her usual is?

She makes an irritated noise and clicks her heel on the ground, tapping furiously. "C'mon, I don't have all day. Some people have real jobs, you know?"

My eyebrows raise until halfway my forehead. "Excuse me?" Who the hell does this woman think she is?

She lets out a laugh. "Oh, doll. You don't think serving coffee is a real job, do you? And when am I getting me coffee? I need to be in the office at eleven ten."

I straighten my back. "Serving coffee is as much a job as working in an office, miss." She rolls her eyes. "Whatever."

I bite my tongue to not burst out to her. After all, she's still a costumer. "I'd appreciate it if you leave this coffee shop and search another one."

She lets out a surprised huff. "What? No. You say making coffee is a job, then do your job." I narrow my eyes at her and point to the small sign behind me. "We have the right to decline costumers, so that's what I'm doing. As my job."

The woman scoffs, but turns around and leaves. I walk to miss Elisabeth and give her her pie. She doesn't pay attention and keeps rambling about something to a poor guy. I give him a look of sympathy and he pleads me with his eyes.

I give a little shrug. He's not escaping the first few minutes. I eye the clock, seeing it's almost eleven thirty. That's when I have a lunch break.

Five more minutes. I clean a little bit on the counter, more wasting time than doing something useful. I see the guy still talking to miss Elisabeth and decide to put him out of his misery. 

"Eh, miss? I'm about to have my lunch break, so I won't be back for another thirty minutes. Shall I close?" She nods and lets me go on, walking out of her shop. The guy sighs. "Man, that woman can talk."

I chuckle and nod. That she can. "Next time you have to escape by yourself." He grins and nods, sipping his coffee and watching me while I close the shop. "Where you heading to?"

I shrug. "I usually lunch in the park when it's nice weather. And oh, look! It is," I grin and make my way to cross the street. He catches up. "Mind if I accompany you?"

"Sure." I give him a shrug. He smiles to himself and walks with me over the sidewalk. The sun's shining, some small clouds forming enough shadow so it doesn't become too hot.

"What's your name?" he asks me. "Daisy," I answer him. I never liked my name. It's too innocent for me.

"I'm David, nice to meet you," he smiles and extends his hand, which I shake. We arrive at the park and settle down on a bench. I start eating my lunch while he's sipping his coffee, which is probably cold already. Either way, he doesn't show it.

"What do you do for living?" I ask him. He grins, but doesn't answer. His head lowers until it's pointed up, making him look at the clouds. "Wouldn't you like to know." 

Well, not really but okay.

I shrug and continue eating. I look around. A couple of kids are on the playground, all laughing and playing. I smile. I like kids, they're cute. As long as they stay far away from me, though.

"I have a confession to make," David sighs next to me. "Go on," I shrug. This guy is weird, but I don't dislike him. "It's not a coincidence I kept talking to Elisabeth." He cringes at the use of that name.

"I'd rather call her grandma than Elisabeth, though." My eyes widen. "Is your grandmother trying to set the two of us up?"

He nods, a grimace on his face. "Worst part is, I'm gay." I start laughing. He just sits there, an unhappy look on his face. I'm still chuckling when I nudge him. "Poor guy."

"Can't you like act as if we are dating? She'd finally stop asking questions," he sighs. I purse my lip. "How so?"

He shrugs. "Us just being friends, hanging out and she'll think something's going on while nothing is."

"Alright, friend. What's your job?" I grin. He grins too. "well, friend, my job is being a stripper." My eyes widen. "For real?"

He laughs and shakes his head. "Nah, I wish. I'm just some bartender." I slap his arm. "I thought you were cool!" He scowls at me.

"I am  cool, woman. Shut it." I chuckle and shake my head. "We'll see about it a little later then. By the way, how much more money am I getting now I'm dating you?"

He frowns, confused. "Huh?" I sigh, realizing I need to explain this to him. "Well, I'm dating the grandson of my boss. That should at least add two hundred to my paycheck."

He scowls again. "Blackmailing. That's so hard blackmailing!" I give a little shrug, a small smirk on my lips.

"I mean, I'll do it without, but don't you think I deserve it?" He scoffs. "No. You deserve five hundred less for that."

I gasp. "Asshole!" He grins. "Ah, and I just happen to like assholes." He gives me a wink and stands up. I shiver. No thanks. Too much information.

I glance at my phone and see I'm five minutes late. I groan. "Your grandmother will kill me." 

He shakes his head. "Nah, I'll walk you to the shop and tell her we hung out, it'll be fine. Then I'll go to work." I nod. That should work.

We walk back to the coffee shop. "Hey, listen. I think it's really chill how fast you agreed to this. It really helps me a lot and if I can ever do you a favor, just tell me."

I nod and smile. "I'll remember it."