27.

"No, they don't," Asher denies

I smirk at the cameras. Fucker thinks we don't know he dances. 

Daisy chuckles. "Baby, you have cameras everywhere. What do you expect?"

I grin when Asher pales and turns to the camera. God, how I wish we had an intercom so I could share the shit outta him.

But no, I'm not judging him. I mean, so he likes dancing. So what? That dance with Daisy was pretty impressive.

I don't think he knows, but father and Mother used to dance too. I once saw them, and it looked marvelous. Ash is good, great even, but them... 

I squeeze my eyes shut and switch of the cameras. Memories hit me before I can tuck them away again. Memories that remind me that under that act of how good they were, they still created the monster that's me.

~Age of eleven

"F-Father, I don't like this," I whisper.

He grins and gives me the knife. I gulp, eyes wide. Not this again...

It's been two years now since I killed that man, but I still have nightmares. Easton and Asher still leave me out of fun stuff, although I haven't even touched a knife in two years.

And now...

"It's time you man up, Dominic. You haven't even started to tuck the weakness away. Look at you! You're almost crying! That's not how real men work," he snaps. I sniffle and wipe my unshed tears away.

"B-but I don't wanna be a real man," I tell him. If he is a real man, then no. I don't want to be a real man. 

We walk downstairs again, to the dark basement. I close my eyes when I'm at the lowest step. I try to remind his words the last time I came here.

"It's a weakness, to fear one. Be feared, not the other way around."

"Stop crying, it's weak."

And I also remember I refused to spill another tear over Father when we were done. So I take a deep breath and make myself a promise.

I will never, ever let this man make me cry again. No matter what.

Thinking is the way to do it. When you get impulsive by emotions, you make faults. I have to keep my anger under control around him. 

He will not trick me again.

I open my eyes again and follow father through the basement. If I continue to remind myself t the fact that I don't do this for my own, then I'm not a bad person, right?

A flashback comes back when I see the cell and I'm tempted to cringe, but I refuse. I keep my chin in the air when I look at the man. 

Somehow, I kinda had hope it was the same man as last time, that I didn't actually kill him, but no. It's an older man. He has a beard. I hide my smile. I like men with beards, it's funny!