36.

~The next day

~The next day

I'm going to one of Asher's classes today.

I could get some time free today, since it's Tuesday and miss Elisabeth can't open today, so I'm gonna pass by and follow one.

He said they were fun but weird, so I'm actually looking forward to it.

I'm on my way now, since it starts at ten. It's a five minute walk from the coffee shop, so not too far from my house.

The campus comes in sight. I never went—my Dad's a professor here and he gave me business tips. He'll help me when I open my own coffee shop.

I still when I see the time. How did I manage to be ten minutes late already? And I don't even know where the fuck his classroom is.

I hope he gives that girl from yesterday another chance. She seemed very upset, and I wasn't the nicest either. I regret it, but I didn't know her side of the story. I just knew she'd let Ash down while he gave her some of his free time, and then she showed up with a friend. 

Me: What classroom again?

I stare at m phone, but of course he doesn't answer. He's teaching, not looking at his phone. 

I see a guy and run to him. He looks up startled and ducks away, making me still. "I'm not—can you just tell me where professor Whitlock's class is?"

He slowly releases his shield and grins at me. "You're pretty late. I'm sure he won't like that. It's down the hall, last door on your left."

"Thank you!" I yell over my shoulder and run away. He told me his class is two hours, so I'm fine, but I still don't like the fact I'm late.

I open the door softly, peeping inside. "—even worse than last year. Fucking jerks." My eyes widen in surprise.

Oh shit. He's mad. 

"Damn. Is this what you meant with fun classes?"

He stiffens. Curious eyes are on me. Asher turns around with big eyes, and his students clearly want to know who got so much reaction out of him.

I didn't mean to bring the attention on me, but oh well. It's not like they're disappointed.

"Daisy," he whispers, eyes flickering between four of his students and me. "It's not what you think."

I grin, walking to him and giving him a kiss on his cheek. "Then what do I think, Ash? I'm not thinking anything, please go on. I didn't mean to interrupt. Tell me where to sit and I'll shut up."

He turns to me and whispers to the top row. "Last row, two girls are sitting there. The one with the black hair is the one from yesterday. These four tried to get her again, but I stopped them. Maybe she feels safer with you close."

I nod and head up the stairs. Asher starts with the lecture again and students forget about me. Wow, he holds some power over them.

I join the girls from yesterday. The one with the black hair—her name is Sophia, I believe—is shy, but not in the cute way. She flinches when I sit down next to her.