15.

!TRIGGER WARNING!- Panic attack (Not hers)

~A few hours later

His office is close to David's.

It might be the same, I don't know. I just know it's the same street.

I walk down the sidewalk. The sun's shining, which helps my mood.

Easton and Asher have passed by too and ordered their usual before grinning and leaving.

Their usual. Black coffee. Ugh.

I'm still wondering why the fuck David works at an office. He said he was a bartender...

I decide to ask while I'm close and sneak into their office. I frown at the street number and look at the address Dominic gave me.

The exact same.

I roll my eyes. Of course. This world really is too small.

I knock on his office. Yes, I've learned. He calls, "In, " so I do. Ivan is nodding and 'reading' some files, but I can see his hair is messy and David's suits too.

I sigh. "Dude. You can't just make out all day long." David glares at me. "I can and I will. I get double payed for it."

Ivan gives me a sheepish smile. "It's all I have to offer. You think he has other reasons to stay with me?"

I shrugs, pursing my lips. "I mean, the pick-uplines weren't that bad..."

He groans and hides his face in one hand. "I was nervous, okay? Is there one day gonna pass without me being picked on because of them?"

I grin and shake my head, then narrow my eyes at David. He gulps, his eyes widening. "You're supposed to be a bartender! What the hell are you doing in an office?"

He grimaces. "I was trying to be cool, since I already disappointed you on not being a stripper." I chuckle, remembering that. "It's a shame you aren't. Look at those arms," I wink.

Ivan frowns at me, eyeing me up and down. "Would you back off my boyfriend? Thank you very much."

I pat his head. "He's as much my boyfriend as he is yours, I'm afraid. Unless...." David looks up at me, eyebrow cocked. "What? What, unless? You're gonna kill grandma?" 

His eyes light up with hope. "Are you?"

I laugh and shake my head. "No, but we did talk about the kind. I told her you were totally not aggressive, don't worry," I smile.

He groans and winces. "I'm never coming out to her." Ivan frowns. "Is she that bad?"

David winces again. "Babe, she just said grandma thought we were aggressive."

Ivan winces too. "You know, she believes we aren't know. Why don't you try it?"

David's wide eyes find mine. I shrug. "She seemed fine by the idea of people being gay. She said love is love."

He frowns. "That does sound good... Can I think about it?" Ivan and I both nod. Of course he can, it's his decision. It's not our business and I won't push him. That'd be awful.

"Hey, do you know where Whitlock's office is? Is he from the same department?" I ask. They tense. "Whitlock? That's the big boss. Well, bosses. I've never seen them before, why?" Ivan asks.

I show him the card. "One asked me to lunch with him." David's eyes widen. Then, even bigger. His jaw drops too. You can just see the moment where it hits him.

"Three rude assholes. Three bosses. Oh my fucking God, you're flirting with out bosses?" he hisses. Ivan's eyes widen too and he gasps, pointing at me. "You're fucking our bosses!"

I shake my head and raise my hands in surrender. "Am not! And they aren't that rude, they kinda took care of me last night when I was drunk."

Ivan wiggles his eyebrows. "Took care, huh?" I slap his arm and turn on my heels. "You know what? I'll find their office myself, thank you so much for your help." I roll my eyes and close the door behind me.

"Level twelve," David yells after me, making me smile. I head for the elevator and see twelve is the highest level. Of course. Big boss, big office.

I get out the elevator when I arrive and look around. Just like I thought, the only offices here are theirs. I walk up to the first door and read A. Whitlock. That must be Asher.

I want to knock on the door when I hear something inside. It's like a beast getting caught, breathing rapidly in fear.

I frown. That can't be good. I just don't know if I should go in. What if it's panting because he's fucking someone—

I could knock, of course. That'd help. I knock on the door. As a reaction, I don't hear shocked gasps or people untangling, nor do I hear people panicking and putting clothes on.

No, I hear a rasped cough. Like he's not getting enough air. My eyes widen. What if he has an asthma attack?

I open the door and see him at his desk, his head in both of his hand and his gaze down. He doesn't move. 

I close the door behind me, because I think he doesn't want people to see this. I walk closer and with some effort, he lifts his head to look at me.

His eyes aren't connecting. I immediately roam my eyes over him. The sighs are there—panicked eyes, troubled breathing, trembling hands—and I recognize them to be from a panic attack.

I walk around the desk and kneel next to him, my hand on his back. The only reaction I get is a small, rushed whimper. I take on of his hands in mine and force him to look at me.

"It's okay, Ash. Focus on my voice, alright? We're gonna take a deep breath in... and a deep breath out. Doing so good, sweetheart. Another one in.... and out. Yeah, like that."

He's releasing shaky breath and not doing good at all, but I can tell from the way he's desperately clinging to me he needs me to help him. He'll get there.

"Think about happy things, sweetheart. I'm here to lunch with you and with Dominic and with Easton. Isn't that a nice surprise? I should say thank you for last night. I believe it was you carrying me inside, wasn't it?"

He gives me a tine nod. I sit on his desk in front of him, his hand never leaving mine. With my other hand, I place two fingers under his chin and make him look up at me. 

I smile reassuringly. "Hi. There you are. I never noticed your eyes looked so blue. It matches with your gold hair. You're the golden boy, aren't you?"

He blinks at me. Doesn't say anything, but his breathing is slowing down. 

"T-tha—" "Shh, don't say anything, yet. First you have to calm down completely." He shuts his eyes again and releases another shaky breath. I squeeze his hand. He squeezes back.

"I-I'm good," he whispers. I shake my head, the one hand that isn't holding his brushing his cheek. "Just breathe, sweetie. It's okay."

He blinks again and breathes out. "Is it?" I nod, taking his face in my hands. "Right now, it is. I don't know what happened, neither do I know what's going on. But as of right now, everything's okay. You forget about everything on your mind and we're going to have fun at lunch. Okay?"

He nods, slightly. "Okay."