32.

I look from Daisy to the closed door

I know Easton isn't okay. This is nothing for him, leaving for the office at four am. Me? Sure. Asher? Not until six, but yes.

But Easton? He doesn't arrive there until eight. And the panic on his face... I've seen it on Asher's, I've felt it on mine.

I lay Daisy under the sheets and get out of bed. I study her, but she stays asleep. Good.

I leave my room and hear some noise downstairs. Alright, he's still here. 

Almost tripping, I run down the stairs. Easton is just picking up his coat when he sees me.

He's serious. He's wearing a suit, which is put on really messily.

I give his shoulder a push, forcing him to sit down on a kitchen chair.

His desperate eyes find mine. "Dominic, I-I gotta go—" "No, what you've gotta do is tell me what's going on."

He shakes his head, his eyes flickering with panic. Alarmed, I grab his wrist. His pulse is quick. Way too quick.

He's having a panic attack.

Fuck. I need to get Asher, he's the specialist.

"Easton, I'm gonna get Asher, okay? I need you to stay here on your fucking ass. Try to breathe."

He closes his eyes, his chest rising rapidly. 

I run upstairs, almost slamming Asher's bedroom door out of his hinges. He startles awake, eyes wide.

"I need help." 

He sits up, rubbing his eyes. Putting on his slippers, he seems alarmed. "What's going on? Is something wrong with Daisy?"

I shake my head. "Easton's having a panic attack and since you have them a lot, I figured maybe you know how to help him."

He jumps up, brushing past me. "And you leave him alone?"

When we get down, Easton is still on the chair. He has his head in his hands, which are trembling terribly.

"Oh shit," Asher groans and sits down next to him. I take some distance, but stay close enough.

"Easton? Can you still hear me?" Asher asks, voice loud and clear. He takes Easton's hand in his. "You can answer with a squeeze."

Apparently he did, because Asher nods at me over Easton's head. "Okay, I know how this feels. I know your lungs are closed up, but you've gotta stay breathing, alright?"

Asher snaps his fingers at me, getting my full attention. "Bag. Paper bag," he orders. I nod and run off to the counter. Somewhere, somewhere, we have paper bags. 

I go through the drawers in a record tempo and find them in one of the bottoms. Of course.

I give him the paper bag, and he passes it to Easton. "Might help you."