26.

I smile at Ash

I smile at Ash.

He's very excitedly giving me a house tour to rooms I haven't been yet. 

His hand is in mine and he's dragging me from door to door. It amuses me, how joyous he talks to me.

"And here we have a sauna. I haven't really used it, but if you want?" he asks, looking at me with big eyes full of expectation. I should tell him I'm not one for the spa, but he's so cute I smile and nod.

"Why not use it together?" I smile. He flashes a grin. "I wouldn't be able to hold myself, butterfly. Okay, next door!"

He pulls me along and opens the next door, which opens to an office with Dominic working in it. He looks up, surprised, and takes his glasses off.

My mouth water and I want to beg him to put them back on, but I can stop myself. I just give him a sweet smile.

He softly smiles back. "Hello, kitten. Are you enjoying yourself? Are do I need to rescue you from Asher's desperate attempt to get a kiss?"

I giggle and look at Ash, who looks betrayed at Nicky. I grin. The dynamic between them is gold. Put them in a TV series and you win an Oscar.

Ash grumbles something and takes my hand again, dragging me along. He opens the last door in the hallway. I expect another office, his maybe, but that's not what it is.

It's a massive ballroom.

My jaw drops. It's so large! Mirrors on the ceiling in pretty figures, just like on the walls. The floor is smooth, perfect to dance.

It's like I walked into a Disney movie. I spin around, gaping everywhere. Asher leans against the doorframe. "Like it? I usually come here to calm down."

I turn to him. "Calm down? How do you calm down in here? It's not like there are some couches in here."

He grins and pushes himself off from the doorframe, walking to something in the corner. I smile when it's a stereo. He dances?

Music starts. It's not pop or rock'n'roll, it's more slow dance with a small beat. His head bopping on the music, he goes to close the door and makes his way to me.

I stand in the middle of the ballroom, watching him move to me. A genuine smile spreads over his face and he does some hops between his passes, perfectly on beat.

He dances, and he's good.

He takes my left hand in his right and places my right on his neck. His left hand takes place on my hip. His smile is so cute I want to dance with him for hours—if only I knew how.

I give him a sheepish look. "I'm not really a dancer." His eyes shine with joy, anyway. "I'll lead you."

And he starts turning, almost carrying me with his arm. I laugh, surprised, because it feels like I'm flying.

I stumble over my won feet, but he doesn't seem to care. He dances for the two of us, spinning around in the large room, perfectly on the beat.

My heart does a little jump. I never thought he'd have this... this cute side. He seems so sweet and innocent now, as if nothing's going on in the world.

I get why this calms him down. He's clearly enjoying himself, laughing broadly at my missteps.

When I almost fall again, the arm on my lower back moves down and picks me up. I actually am flying now, and it's the most fun I've had in a long time. 

We dance like that until the song is over, eyes shining with joy and our lips laughing. "You're good at this!" I say when the music dies.

He grins, amusement present on his face. "Good? Ahw, butterfly, this was just the warm-up."

My jaw drops. Is he for real?

He interlocks our arms again and looks down at his face, wiggling them a little until they're perfectly align. He looks back right when the music starts, something unreadable behind his eyes. It's intense, but I don't look away.

We start swinging again, but I can tell he wasn't lying. This song is faster and he uses his arms to move my body a lot. All the while spinning and maintaining eye contact.

What a man. My man.

I smile at the knowing of that. I'm the one he dances with. I'm the one causes that pure joy flashing in his eyes. I'm making him laugh with my stumbling.

This time, he doesn't pick me up. He just slides his hands down to my hips and guides them to move the same as his. It doesn't go perfect, but it's much better than when I do it alone. 

Our eyes meet again and he tilts his head, bending it towards me in a kiss. He's the last one to kiss me, yet the best. 

His kiss is sweet and calm, not rushed like the others. Don't get me wrong, I loved theirs too, but there's something about Asher's sweet way that makes me swoon.

He keeps kissing me that way, never stopping dancing. I wrap my arms around his neck to not lose my balance, but he's got me in a strong grip. 

The song ends. He stands still. His hands move up to my cheeks and cup them, continuing to kiss me sweetly.

I open my eyes slightly to look at him. He has his eyes shut closed, his cheeks a little red. I smile against his lips.

He looks incredibly cute. Before today, he was radiating off this sexual tension. But now? He's sweet, soft and so gently you'd never believe he's head of the mafia.

I blink slowly when he pulls back a little, eyes roaming over my face. "I love your lips," he whispers and inches closes again.

Our lips collide before I can answer him. Before I can say, "Yours are better."

His hands trail lower and grip under my ass, picking me up in a way I just have to wrap my legs around his waist. He smirks his smug smirk against my lips.

I pull his hair in response. He lets out a soft noise. I do it again and this time, he lets out a soft moan. 

I clench my thighs. Damn, that sound went right between my legs.

He groans in my mouth, squeezing my ass. "Sorry to disappoint you, but all I'm doing is kissing today," he tells me between a few rushed kisses. "Don't wanna speed things up."

And although I'd love to head to a bedroom now, I'm happy they are okay with taking this slow. According to Adeline and Melody I haven't been in a relationship for four years, and I really need to get used to it again.

But they'll move on my pace.

****

Man, I love Ash