73.

I silently close the door of our guest room

Michael is asleep.

He came here, his thigh bleeding and poorly bandaged. And God, he was a mess, telling me Melody is a bitch and how he's sorry about everything. He was damn near crying and refused to let me leave, even to get new patches. 

I had to promise I wasn't mad at him anymore. And I did, because I'm not. He's got our trust back, because he didn't mean to break it. He's just not the smartest out there.

He also promised he'll help in my coffee shop, even if that means pink aprons. It's sweet, really.

I was able to calm him down and eventually got him to laugh. Now his leg is okay, and he doesn't feel as guilty anymore.

I did kick his ass in Monopoly, though. He sucks.

And now he's finally asleep. I walk downstairs and give Layla her food, petting her. She's begun to love hugs, especially mine. But she loves staying with Ash at day, apparently she can prevent panic attacks.

Easton is her friend when he's cooking and sneakily giving her bits of food. He thinks I don't know, but it's just really cute to see them together. And if she'll get fat, I'll go talk to him.

For her, Dominic's the most fun when he's watching TV. Then she nestles next to him on the couch, or straight up on his lap.

A door opens in the house, and I realize it's the one of the garage. They're home.

I glance at the clock, seeing it's been six hours. That's long for torture, right?

Panic grips my throat. God, I hope they're okay. I know they were with three, and they're strong, but I'd hoped Michael was there as he doesn't feel anything personal towards their Father.

The front door opens, so I walk towards it. In the hallway, I still.

My eyes eat up the sight of them putting their coats away. None of them is injured, at least not physically. Dominic is the first one to notice me.

His brothers do immediately after. They freeze, staring at me. I stare back. Their hands are a deep color red, spats of blood on their suits and faces too. 

They look exhausted, yet . . . relaxed.

When I smile at them, they come running to me, tackling me down until we're a hugging, kneeling mess on the floor.

Each one of them clutches tight to me, and I give them all the support I can. Dominic's eyes lock with men, and I've never seen him calmer. He's crying, yes, but there's no mess behind those eyes.

"I killed him," he whispers. "He begged me to let him live, and he begged for my mercy." A sob leaves his mouth, but happiness coaxes his words. 

I untangle my arm from Asher's grip and use it to cup Dominic's face. "I am so unbelievably proud of you. You were so strong, sweetheart."

I look at his brothers, who are resting their heads on my chest and closing their eyes. "And you two . . . I'm proud of you, too. To face him like that after everything he did, after trying to kill you. That's so strong."

Dominic hiccups and cups my face now, neither of us caring about his red hands. His eyes switch between mine. "Thank you. Thank you. I didn't even realize how much I craved this. I thought I just wanted him dead, but . . . God, you are the best thing that's even happened to me. To us."

Emotion heats my eyes. I cup the back his head and pull him even closer. "Don't you realize that you're the best things in my life, too? Don't you see that?"

He sobs in my shirt and hold onto me. I let them calm down, because they need it. They need the calm after twenty-six years of chaos and mess. 

We sit there for I don't know how long, until Ash pulls back a little. "I'm gonna shower. You're staying for the night?"

I kiss his forehead. "Of course. I always stay for the night, you know that, love." He sheepishly nod, and I guess it's the shock that's getting him unsure.

But before he can even get up, Easton speaks up. "What if you stay here forever?"

Three heads look at me, eyes hopeful. I frown, confused. "I stay every night, what do you mean?"

He sits up a little. "I mean that we want you to move in. Here. With us. Living together."

Dominic and Ash get hyped too, and the moodswing is giving me a whiplash. "Yeah, it's safe now! And it wouldn't make such a big difference, right? You stay every night anyway, but the difference is that you'll be here all the time," he says, his eyes shining.

Ash joins in. "And you won't be paying bills, which means you can save for your coffee shop!"

A smile—ridiculously big—spreads over my lips. "Well, okay then, yeah!" Cheers erupt and I'm crushed in another bear hug.

I laugh, feeling like I'm about to burst with happiness. "Alright! Alright! Go shower now, babes. I'll have food ready when you get back here, so don't hurry."

We get up, and they all give me a kiss before disappearing upstairs. I walk to the kitchen—my kitchen, now—and starts preparing some pasta when I hear a scream coming from upstairs.

Oh shit.

I run upstairs, seeing Dominic and Easton laugh their asses off at Asher's door. I join them, and see Asher staring at a naked Michael in shock. Well, half naked, since he has a towel wrapped around his waist.

"What the fuck are you doing in my bathroom?" Asher calls. Michael shrugs, grinning. "Taking a shower? What else can you do in a bathroom?"

Easton and Dominic lose it again when Ash scrunches his nose. I snicker, too. He turns to me. "Ah, come on! Don't laugh at me too, I'm literally a victim here!"

I'm straight up laughing now, walking towards him. I try to keep a mock pout face, but his facial expressions are too funny. 

"Why are you the victim?" Michael snorts. "I'm literally getting laughed at while I'm naked."

I chuckle. "Sounds like a victim to me." Ash scowls at me. 

"Now I have Mike's ass hair in my shower. That's a victim right there." Michael's jaw drops while Easton sinks down the floor, wheezing.

"I don't have ass hair, son of a bitch," he scoffs. Asher rolls his eyes. "I'm pretty sure you do."

And so Michael proves he doesn't have any, letting down his towel. I shriek and hide my eyes under my hands. "Michael! Are you tryna kill me?"

Larger hands cover mine. "Don't even dare to look," Dominic whispers in my ear. I smile.

"Why? Jealous?"

The corners of his mouth tilt in a smile in my neck. "You know I shouldn't be."