Bonus III

Nope

Nope.

I don't think I can do this.

Why did we ever think this would go well?

The feeling in my chest isn't a panic attack. I'm really sure of that. Yet it's still pressing on my breathing and causing me to feel hot one second, ice cold the next.

Proposing to Daisy. Please. I think I'll faint before she even gets home.

I blink out of my thoughts when I notice fingers snapping in front of my face. Easton is frowning at me, holding his suit in his hand. He's on his way to dress up.

"Are you okay? You've been staring at that wall for the past six minutes now."

I blink again, trying to stop the stress from getting me on its grip completely. I want to propose to Daisy. I want to marry her and have kids and grow old together. Which means I have to grit my teeth and ignore the anticipation.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little nervous," I speak to the truth. He grins, as beaming as always. "It'll be okay, though. Daisy has been giving hints to Ivan and David, and even Michael. For that to happen, it means we're long overdue."

Nodding, I start to fiddle with my bow tie. "Yeah, I know. It's just that we've never done this before. What if I stutter?"

Dominic walks in on us, the corner of his lips twitching with nerves. "She'd adore that, Ash. This is Daisy, not a stranger. We love her, so this is just the next step in our relationship."

I glance at Easton, unsure about Dom's wellbeing. Whispering, I tell him what I think. "It sounds like he's convincing himself."

My brother snorts. "Duh. He was just puking only half an hour ago."

"Hey!" Dominic retorts. Obviously, we weren't whispering low enough.

"I'm working on it, okay? At least I am dressed!" He throws a pointed look at Easton, who raises his hands in surrender. "I'm going!"

And he does. The door of his bathroom slams closed, before he opens it again with a sweet smile. Too sweet, if you ask me. "Whoops! It wasn't meant that hard!"

The door closes again. I turn to Dominic, frowning in both worry and confusion. "That dude is not okay."

Dominic sighs and shakes his head, dragging his hand over his face. "I'm trying, Asher. We all are, I know that. It's just—the pressure is so hard, you know? What if this is too soon? Or too much? We're in fucking suits. We spent thousands on the lights in the backyard. Do you think she'll like it?"

Didn't he just tell me how she'll adore us?

"Hey," I comfort him with a hand on top of his arms. Through hooded eyes, he looks at me. I give him a supporting smile, knowing that's what Daisy usually does. "This is going to be okay. However we do this, Daisy will think it's perfect. You know why?"