55.

David and Ivan said I could stay with them tonight

I don't know, though. I want to give them a fair chance to tell me about it without avoiding them, but it also does hurt. They could have at least told me.

I scroll back through the chats they sent to say we couldn't meet up for lunch. All saying it was a work lunch, something with their Father, but nothing about that woman. 

I look back at the article while I wait for costumers. The woman has something. .  . manly? She's wearing a dress and clearly make up, but it also looks like she's wearing a wig. 

I sigh. At this point, I don't know anymore.

A costumer comes in, so I lay my phone away. "What can I get you?" I smile, looking up. It drops when I see two angry girls, also known as my best friends.

"Really? Daisy, your boyfriends cheat on you and you don't even think of calling us? This has been going on for fucking months! Suddenly everyone's good enough, except us! David, Ivan, that fucking girl of college!" Melody seethes.

I take a step back, astonished. "I—" "Fuck off. You don't even come home anymore. You don't know anything about us anymore! Par example that Melody's pregnant, or that I'm moving to Italy next week!" Adeline adds up.

I blink. Look at Melody. "You're pregnant?"

She sighs, hard. "That's not the motherfucking point! The point is that we're breaking up with you. You're a bad friend, and we can't go on like this. Don't come to us crying over those three richies."

I frown, confused and completely taken by surprise. "I-I'm sorry—but you didn't text either and I thought you didn't mind me being friends with David and Ivan? I still come home to pick up clothes? We talk then? I don't understand—"

Adeline rolls her eyes. "Oh yeah, 'cause then you're completely alone and staying hours," she sarcastically says. 

Tears spring in my eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was abandoning you. God, I was so selfish." I hug myself in shame. 

They nod, judgement clear in their eyes. "You are."

I feel them slipping away, and I can't have that. They've been my friends since the start of college, I can't lose them. "Can I please make it up? We can go clubbing and I-I'll pay. Or maybe shopping?"

Distance is now written all over them. "We're not interested in money, Daisy. All we ever wanted was you as a good friend, but apparently that's not something you can be."

I sob, but wipe my tears away. I'm in the coffee shop, for fuck's sake. People can walk in any second. "But I—" "Don't make this any harder now," Melody snaps.

Adeline rolls her eyes as I sob again. "Oh my fucking God. You're so manipulative. You really think I believe those tears?"

My shoulders shake with my sobs, but I feel anger under it too. "I'm sorry I wasn't there all the fucking time, okay? But if you had reached out to me and asked to talk, or go out, I would have said yes! I can't be with you all the time, okay? I can't split myself and be with them, and David and Ivan, and here, and with you!"