Epilogue I

Nathan's POV

* Eight years later *

Running upstairs I head to Zaiden's room as today was Saturday and he apparently told Alianna he was going to help her cut the roses as she will be needing them for a runaway show on monday. She's working so hard on this I sometimes wonder if she even remembers how to breathe but that's working for you. Ain't no way you can relax though I think she really need to.

I got to Zaiden's room and push the door open not bothering to knock. Walking in I noticed him making hand gestures for me to be quiet and I looked at him confused. He shrugged removing the duvet revealing Zalia and I nod getting it as she was sound asleep beside him. He slowly got up putting a pillow in his space and she immediately cuddled up to it.

He stood running a hand through his hair before following me outside and closing the door. "Is she okay?" I ask and he nods "yeah, she had a nightmare " he says shrugging and I nod in understanding "did you need something?" he asked "your mom said I should remind you about the roses" I simply said and he nods "oh, I completely forgot about that I'll just leave a pill for Lia and I'll be there" he says and I nod before walking away heading back to the living room.

Zalia frequently gets these nightmare and obviously there's only so much any of us can do about it. Whenever she gets them she'll have severe headaches afterwards so we all try our best to be there to comfort her the best we can. Honestly I hate when this happens because really an eight year old shouldn't be going through these shit at all so we can only hope she'll get pass it in sometime.

Upon getting back to the living room I took my seat beside Alianna once more as she was still typing away at her laptop to even give me any attention. "you should really take a break you know" I tell her grabbing my phone as she looked at me or more like glance as she was back to working again.

"I'll take a break once Zaiden gets here" she says and I raise a brow at her "what you and Zaiden will be doing is still work you need to stop and breathe for a minute and relax" I tell her taking the laptop from her lap closing it "Nathan...I was using that" she says so I kissed her straight on the lips making her shut up. She sighs between my kisses allowing her eyes to fall close as I soothed her hair gently massaging her head. "Does this not feel good?" I asked once we broke apart and she nods seemingly unable to speak making me chuckle.

I continued messaging her head while she relaxed with her lips pouting being cute. She sighs once more and I stopped looking at her as her tired eyes flutter open and she looks at me "thank you" she whispers before moving to kiss me once more.

"Stop you guys Jesus christ!" Zaiden says as he walks in and I laugh at his immature behavior I can't even kiss my wife in one piece. "ready to go mom?" he asked and she smiled at him before standing up and grabbing her water bottle before they both walked out leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I decided to text Brandon seeing if everything was going well since as usual I don't go in on Saturdays. As I waited for a response I decided on watching TV so I picked the remote and turning the tv on flipping through different channel before settling on ESPN. There was nothing interesting going on but I was bored and there's nothing better to do.

Some 30 minute into watching my phone rang and I picked it up answering without looking at the callers ID. "Vaughn speaking" I say in my regular monotone "hey man, how's it going?" Xander ask and I sigh not wanting to be annoyed "it's going, what do you want?" I ask ready to end the call "grumpy, anyways there's a little rat at the base I think you'll want to have a chat with him before I put a bullet in his skull " he says sounding irritated and I so wanted to laugh "I don't have the time Xander, do what needs to be done" I tell him seriously " sure thing" he says happily and I thought I was a freaking maniac.