Chapter One: A New Normal

Hazel POV:

It's been almost three weeks since we all moved into the new house. Kai, Theo, and I have settled in pretty well. That's not to say the same for Mila. She's extremely antsy and has been having trouble sleeping in her own bed. Most nights, she'll cry until Theo and I get her.

Currently, she's crying for the third time tonight. The first cry was just because she needed changed, the second cry was because she wanted to be nursed, and I have no idea what she's crying for now.

Probably wants to be back in Theo and I's bed. Tossing the cover off of myself, I groan tiredly and make my way into her nursery. It's a lot more convenient now that there's a door to her nursery that leads into our room.

"What's wrong, pea?" I whisper as I approach Mila's gray crib.

She's standing up and gripping the bars, little tear tracks making their way down her reddened cheeks. I lift my tiny baby up and carry her into my bedroom. Her butt is dry, so I know she just wants to be held.

"Mila woke up again?" Theo slurs, barely awake.

"Yeah. I think she wants to be with us."

Theo nods and turns over so he's facing me. He takes Mila from my arms and snuggles her into his bare chest. I crawl back into bed with the pair, snuggling myself up against Mila's back.

She sniffles a little bit and turns around in Theo's arms, pulling on my shirt. "What's wrong, pea?"

Mila pulls harder on my shirt and starts to cry again. Not wanting another tantrum, I lift my shirt so my right breast pops out. My baby instantly latches on and suckles like her life depends on it.

Theo leans down and kisses the top of Mila's blonde hair, making her grunt unhappily. "Did Daddy interrupt you? I'm sorry."

He chuckles quietly and lays back down on his side. Mila slowly starts to relax as I rake my fingers through her hair. Once she's completely asleep again, I unlatch her, and tug my shirt back down.

"If she wakes up again, you're getting her." I whisper to Theo as I pull the blanket up to my shoulders.

"Okay, goodnight. Love you."

"Love you too."

Turning onto my side, I pull Mila closer to me and snuggle down into the mattress. I'm almost asleep when I feel her start to root around again. I don't even think about it, I just pop out one of my breasts and offer it to her.

I'm way too tired to fight with Mila about this. If she wants to nurse all night, then that's what I'll do. We all have to be up early and it's already one in the morning. Theo has to go into the office as do I.

My company had offered me a pay raise to stop working from home. I took the opportunity on the terms that I'll be able to bring Mila in with me. I don't trust her in childcare and we both have separation anxiety.

Theo could bring her into his office, but he's been working so much more lately. There's a huge case he's working on and it's stressing him out.

"Stop thinking and go to sleep, Hazel." Theo whispers into the darkness.

"Fine."

Huffing, I close my eyes and slowly feel my body start to relax. Everybody's content and I'm ready to get a few hours of good sleep.

***

My alarm clock blares, startling me from my peaceful dreams. I'm quick to shut it off before it wakes Mila. She's currently spread out like a starfish in the middle of our bed. There's a line of drool down her cheek and her blonde hair is in wild curls all over her face.