Chapter Thirty-One: Another Try On The Toilet

Hazel POV:

"Okay, Mila. You're wearing big girl underwear. That means if you need to go tee tee, you tell Mommy or Daddy. If you go potty, you get a chocolate." I tell Mila as I slide her chunky leg into some princess underwear.

Once again, she's expressed her desire to use the big girl potty. While Theo and I prefer her in diapers, if she wants to try potty training in her headspace, then who am I to say no? We both know that she'll just go back to diapers sooner rather than later. I'm just not looking forward to all the accidents I'm going to have to clean up.

"Otay, Mama." Mila says sweetly, bending halfway over to look at her cute underwear.

Theo and I had to research how to potty train, since we never had to before. From what I read, the article said to keep close to the toilet with minimum clothing on. That way, it's easier to get panties off in case of an emergency. It also stated that a reward system is the best way to do this.

Theo went out and bought some mini m&ms just for the occasion. Now I'll have to deal with cleaning up messes and a toddler hyped up on sugar.

"Alright, go play." I instruct Mila. I laugh as I watch her run off, probably to go bother her brothers.

"And leave your brothers alone!" I yell at her retreating back. My girl has a giant playroom that cost me more than I would care to admit, yet all she wants to do is harass Kai and West.

With a roll of my eyes, I stand up, heading out of my bathroom. I can hear Mila giggling as she slides down the stairs on her butt. Based off the sound of her giggle, I can already tell she's up to no good.

My suspicions are confirmed when I find her pestering Luna. The poor old dog is just trying to rest, while Mila tries to ride her like a horse. "Mila Era Thomas! Get off of the dog."

We're going to have to teach her to be easier with Luna. I really don't want her breaking the dog...

My pea hops up like her little booty is on fire, running into the kitchen. "Nack! Nack!" She demands, pointing to the refrigerator.

"Are you actually going to eat it this time?" I question with my hands on my hips. This is the fifth snack she's asked for, the other four eaten by me when she didn't even try to eat it.

Mila mirrors my pose, placing her chunky hands on her hips, and nods. The attitude on this one is fierce. I wouldn't have her any other way. She keeps me on my toes.

"Fine, you can have an applesauce pouch." Opening the fridge door, I grab one, tearing off the cap and giving it to her.

Mila runs off with her prize, clearly happy now that she's gotten what she's wanted. Sighing, I lean against the counter to take just a couple minutes to myself. It's only four o'clock, and I'm looking forward to the moment Theo steps through the front door.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mila and all her antics, but sometimes they can just be a little too much.

My break is cut short when I hear the telltale sound of Mila's mischievous giggle. Rushing into the living room, I find her feeding her applesauce pouch to the dog. Luna is lapping it up as fast as she can, not quick enough, though. It's already all over Mila and stuck in the dogs fur.

Groaning, I pull the pouch out of my daughter's tiny hand, much to her displeasure. She turns her head over her shoulder to glare at me. "Go sit your bum in that corner before I take away your tablet." Pointing towards the wall, I wait for Mila to stand up and do as I've told her to.

Surprisingly, she goes right into the corner, plopping herself down. She crosses her arms over her chest and grunts.

"Luna, upstairs." Luna happily trots up the stairs for her bath, while I wait two minutes until Mila's corner time is up.