Chapter Twenty: West's House

Kai POV:

"Stop pushing me, Mila." I grumble from beside Mila in the car. We're headed to West's house and she's sitting beside me in her carseat. She's not little right now. All she's doing is being annoying. Mom made me bring her with me to West's so that her and Dad could have some adult time. Now that Briella and her Mom's are gone, Mom and Dad have been all over each other. It makes me gag when I think about it. 

West is driving the car and keeps laughing at Mila's antics. Even when she isn't little, she has a little personality. Mila acting her age is making her much more of a brat than when she's little. "You'll love my house, Mila. Mom and Dad are gone, so you don't have to worry about their awkward questions about your looks and size." West says as he pulls into his driveway.

His house is large and similar to ours since we live in the same neighborhood. I think it's weird that West's Mom is pregnant, yet she's still traveling out of the country and leaving her son to hold down the house. They never take him with them and I know it hurts him. West is more of a decoration than a child to them. I know he's going to have to take on the responsibility that this new baby brings. It's a shame that West will never know parental love like Mom and Dad give Mila and I. 

He gets it from Mom and Dad when he visits the house, but it's not the same. He deserves attentive parents. "Alright. We're here. Let's go." West announces, opening his car door and rounding it to get Mila out. She sighs unhappily when I have to unbuckle her. She hates having to sit in a carseat when she's big. It reminds her that she'll technically never grow up. I think she lies when she says that she doesn't mind not getting in a relationship or having her own kids. I know she enjoys being little, but it still bothers her that she'll never be seen as an adult. 

Nevertheless, Mila hops out of my arms the second we're inside. West's house is more old-fashioned on the inside, whereas our house is modern. "Go ahead and look around, Mila. Are you thirsty?" West questions, coming up being me and wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"No, thank you." Mila's voice is adorable and high pitched. I internally coo and watch as she walks off towards the living room after kicking her shoes off near the front door. It's more of a waddle because of how short her legs are. I know she isn't wearing a diaper right now, but I still can't help but think she waddles the same way when her diaper is full. 

"Do you want to go upstairs? Mila can handle herself while we have some fun." West comes to stand in front of me and wiggles his eyebrows. I fidget a tad bit unsurely and peek into the other room where Mila is. If she slips, she'll be alone and confused, but she's been in this headspace for a while now and doesn't seem close to slipping. With one last look, I nod and let West guide me up to this room. 

We've just got me up to his room when a crash sounds from downstairs. We pause for a second and share a look, before rushing back downstairs to see what's going on. Mila's standing in the middle of some ceramic shards from a knocked over vase. Her eyes brim with tears as she says, "I'm so sorry, West. It was an accident." 

"Just don't move. Hold on." West says and leaves the room. He comes back a few seconds later with a some shoes on and a broom in his hand. He stomps over the shattered vase and picks up Mila, depositing her on the sofa. I rush to her side and check out her feet. There looks to be a shard of glass in her heel. I'm surprised she's not wailing in pain. There are tears in her eyes, though. 

"I'll get you the first aid kit once I finish cleaning this up." West calls out, sweeping up the pieces into a pile in the middle of the floor. Meanwhile, Mila whimpers and grabs her ankle to look at the bottom of her foot. There's a steady tickle of blood, not much but it's still there. 

"I want Mommy." Mila whines. She rubs her eyes with her left hand and starts rocking back and forth on her butt. Oh geeze. I think she just slipped and I didn't prepare for this at all. There's no diapers and I don't have boobs for her to suck on. Mom probably wont answer her phone either if she's doing what I think she's currently doing. We can just go home, but I promised to watch Mila for a couple hours. 

Even though Mila was feeling big when we left, we still have to keep an eye on her since she could slip and nobody would be around to care for her. I scrub my hand down my face as I feel the stress of the situation slowly enter my system. West finishes sweeping and carries the full dustpan into the kitchen. He comes back with a first-aid kit and crouches down in front of Mila. He taps my shoulder and asks, "Is she little right now?"

My nod is all the answer he needs. "Alright, little lady. I'm going to help you with your owie." Mila puts her middle two fingers in her mouth, nursing on them while West examines her foot. He grabs some tweezers out of the clear box, and is about to dig out the piece of ceramic when the front door opens. I give him a questioning glance and turn towards the sound of high heels in the foyer. 

In walks the two people I was least expecting. West's Mom and Dad walk into the room looking tanned. They each carry a bag and are all smiles. I've only met them a couple times and I don't like them very much. I guess they came  back from vacation early or we got their return date wrong. West's Mom has the smallest baby bump ever. Her blonde hair is perfectly styled and her gray eyes are bright and shiny. West's father on the other hand, has his black hair neatly styled to his head and his blue eyes are focused solely on his wife. 

Mila whimpers suddenly, catching the couples attention. They turn towards the couch and I can see Susan's eyes light up. "Hello, beautiful. And who might you be?" She asks, walking towards Mila and crouching down in front of her. She completely ignored West who is sitting right there. Richard, comes to sit next to his wife, overwhelming Mila. Ever since the mugging, Mila is very wary of men she doesn't know. 

"This is my little sister." I tell the couple as I grab Mila off of the couch. She clings to my shoulders while wrapping her legs around my stomach. A tiny whimper comes out of her mouth and I frown asking West, "Do you want to drive me back to my house? We can fix Mila up there." 

West looks at his parents, seeking any sort of acknowledgment that he's in the room. When he gets none, he nods and stands. "I'll be right there. Let me grab my keys. They're upstairs." West leaves the room while his parents are all smiles for Mila. I've always bitten my tongue around Susan and Richard, trying to keep the peace since I'm dating their son. But seeing the heartbreak on West's face is my breaking point. 

"You know you have a son, right? A son who loves you even though you treat him like dirt beneath your feet. A son that you practically neglect while travelling the world. Would it hurt you to think of him just once? It's not his fault that two people had unprotected sex and he was forced to be born. I feel sorry for that one that's about to be born to two people who could care less. I can guarantee that it's going to be given a nanny the second it's out of the womb. If you two only care about yourselves, why have children in the first place?" I pat Mila's butt while I rant, watching multiple emotions flit across the couples faces. 

Anger is the one they choose to stay on. Richard stands and says, "I think it's best if you go." I'm more than fine with leaving. I don't want to stay here any longer. I don't think people like this are capable of change, making me feel more than sorry for my boyfriend. 

Speaking of West, he finally comes downstairs and points to the door. With one last backwards look to the pitiful people that West calls his parents, we exit the front door. Mila's foot still needs tending to and I need to calm down. It's a quiet car ride back to my house. My sister keeps whimpering about her foot, West is trying not to cry, and I'm fuming. 

Aren't we just a psychiatrists wet dream?