Chapter Thirty-Nine: Christmas Galore

Hazel POV:

Mila runs circles around the Christmas tree as soon as she's done eating. We're waiting for the boys to finish up with the dishes before opening our presents. Mila complains for the hundredth time about how they're taking too long.

"I know, pea. They'll be done soon. Why don't you help me organize these while we wait?" I offer, pointing to the presents spilling out from under the tree.

She jumps at the opportunity, grabbing presents at random and dropping them into piles. She's not even reading the names on the packages.

Laughing to myself, I reach down and fix the piles. Of course Mila has the biggest present pile. Santa brought her lots of new toys and clothes.

"Okay, okay. We're finally done with the dishes." Theo announces, wiping his hands with a paper towel as he walks back into the room, followed by Kai and West.

Theo sits next to me while the boys find their piles on the floor beside Mila. My pea jumps, clapping her hands.

"Swanta bwing Miwa pweasant." The baby nods to herself, checking out her huge pile of gifts.

"Yes, he did. Why don't you open your stocking first?" I point to the bright pink sparkly stocking that has a large M on the front.

Mila grabs the large sock, dumping it's contents onto the floor. There's about a metric ton of candy in there with little toys and trinkets. The baby ignores the toys, focusing on her chocolate instead.

"Open dis, Kai!" She demands, shoving the chocolate in Kai's face.

"One piece, ladybug. We don't need you hyper all day." Theo holds up one finger, wrapping his other hand around my back and pulling me close.

Kai unwraps the piece of chocolate for Mila, putting it her mouth. Mila happily chomps on her chocolate while the boys open their stockings.

Five hundred dollars in cash, their favorite candies, and some cologne. I feel like that's a good stocking for a teenage boy.

"Thanks, Santa." West looks towards me and winks.

"Tell Santa thank you, sissy." Kai gently nudges Mila's side. She's too busy trying to sneakily open another chocolate to notice. She's not being as sneaky as she thinks.

Ignoring it because it's Christmas, I instead tell West to open up one of his presents. It's a pair of expensive boots he's been wanting.

My second son jumps up, shouting, "Oh my god! I've been wanting these forever."

Smiling, I grab my coffee off the table and take a sip. The strong flavor bursts over my tastebuds as I watch West do a happy little dance.

"Miwa tuwn!" The baby demands after getting tired of watching West.

"Go ahead, ladybug." Theo chuckles to himself at Mila's impatience.

She looks over her pile before picking a large one at the bottom. Pulling it out, she begins to tear apart the pink wrapping paper. Inside is a fake kitchen that matches the theme of her playroom.

"Wow..." She whispers to herself, looking at the label on the front.

"That one's from Lucus. We'll have to call him later and tell him thank you." I explain.

I also sent Lucus a present from Mila. It's a new outdoor play set that's themed with superhero's. His mom was telling me how Lucus wanted a play set for their small backyard.

"Wucus gib Miwa kitchwen." Mila points to her present, doing a happy little dance.

"Let's let Kai open his next." I suggest when Mila tries to open her next present.