Chapter Three: Dinner With West

Theo POV:

I pull into the driveway and turn off my car. I'm excited to be home to spend some time with my family. I've been working on the case of the people that broke into our house a few months ago. Their court date is coming up and I want them put away for a while.

They terrorized my kids and caused a lot of emotional damage to all of us. No way are they getting off easy.

Stepping out of my car, I head towards the front door. Mila is standing there and banging on the glass panels, shouting my name.

"Dada! Dada! Dada!"

Her voice is muffled through the door, but it's still the best sound in the world.

"Come here, ladybug!" I say as soon as the door is unlocked.

Mila jumps into my arms and I easily pick her up, giving my baby a kiss on the cheek. She giggles happily and wiggles her little body.

"I missed you all day."

"Miwa 'iss chu tew!"

Hazel comes into the foyer from the kitchen and places a kiss on my cheek saying, "Welcome home. Dinners on the stove. Is it okay if West joins us? He's upstairs with Kai right now."

"That's fine. He's more than welcome."

Mila, jealous that I'm giving Hazel attention, gently starts to pat my cheek. I turn my head to kiss her palm asking, "What's wrong, ladybug?"

"Miwa wan bowfren."

Oh dear lord. No way is Mila allowed to have a boyfriend. I'm sorry, but I'm not allowing my little girl to date. She might biologically be fourteen, but I'm still too protective for that.

"Sorry, baby. No boyfriend. Absolutely not. You have Mama, Daddy, and Kai. That's already three people to love."

Hazel chuckles as Mila pokes her bottom lip out at me. She's laying it on thick today. She knows those puppy dog eyes work on me.

I think distraction is what's going to work best here. Sometimes, when I need a quick topic change with Mila, I distract her with food or toys. It works about fifty percent of the time. All dependent on how adamant she is that she gets what she wants.

"How about we go help Mama in the kitchen?"

"Otay." Mila nods happily and I carry her into the house.

Hazel walks in front of me and I'm not ashamed to admit that I watched her ass sway as she walked. My wife has a bubble butt.

"I can feel you staring, Theo." Hazel chirps with a look over her shoulder.

I wink at her and watch a fine blush appear on her cheeks. We've been married for a long time now and she still blushes like a school girl. I'm one lucky man.

"What can I say? That's a fine booty."

"Bewty!" Mila shakes her own little rump in my arms and I laugh.

"Not yours, little miss. I'm talking about Mama's."

"Don't talk about my ass in front of our daughter." Hazel snaps without any actual anger.

She trots over to the stove and stirs something in a large pot. The smell is amazing and I instantly know it's chili. One of my favorites.

Mila leans out of my arms to peer into the pot and smacks her lips. She's a greedy little thing that loves some food. Some nights she can be a picky eater, but I think my wife's chili will win her over.

"Why don't you set Mila in her highchair? Dinners almost ready." Hazel suggests.

"What about Kai?" I question, moving to the dining room table that's in view of the kitchen.