Chapter Nine: Breakfast And Milk

Theo POV:

"Good morning, ladybug." I whisper as I lift Mila out of her crib.

For the first time since we moved into the new house, Mila slept the full night in her crib. It was torture for Hazel to let Mila out of her eyesight, but she did it. I'm proud of my wife. It may seem small to somebody else, but it was a big deal for us.

Mila, on the other hand, didn't do to well at first. She screamed and cried until she tired herself out. Poor thing fell asleep sitting up right. Hazel and I watched on the baby monitor as she fell over and didn't move for the next six hours.

Now, my baby is trying to fall back asleep on my shoulder. Her thumb is in her mouth and she's suckling steadily on it. Her diaper is soaking wet and I know she isn't about to like me changing her diaper.

"Your bum bum is nasty. Let's change that diapee." I pat Mila's butt as I walk over to the changing table, laying her down on the soft mat.

I get her quickly changed, much to her displeasure. She whines the whole time. I hope we're not going to have another cranky day.

"Wan Mama an' Kai." Mila whispers as I lift her off of the changing table.

"We're going to go see Mama now. She's still in bed, but Kai is at school."

My baby doesn't seem to like that. She whimpers and shoves her face in my neck, balling up my shirt in her tiny hands. Kai has been out of the house a lot lately and Mila is having a hard time with it. If he's not at school, he's at West's house.

The problem is, there's nothing I can do to stop him. He's still abiding by curfew and doing good in school. His chores are getting done and he always texts us where he's at. We would like to have him home more, but he's almost an adult. As long as he's being safe, I have no problem letting him hang out with his boyfriend.

"I know, baby. We miss Kai too. He just needs some time at West's house." I coo quietly as I sit down on the bed beside Hazel.

She's still sleeping peacefully. Her pink lips are parted with sleep, her brown eyelashes fluttering against her rosy cheeks. My wife looks so peaceful while asleep. Too bad that's about to get ruined by the boob monster.

Mila still can't nurse, but that hasn't stopped her from trying. Every time Hazel is distracted, our daughter will try pulling one of her breasts out to nurse. It's hard, but we have to wait a few more days while the pain medicine makes it's way out of her system.

"Mama!" Mila screeches.

Hazel blearily opens her eyes and smiles when Mila crawls out of my lap, putting her face right in front of Hazel's.

"Good morning, my pea. I missed you in my sleep."

Hazel wraps her arms around our baby and presses at least twelve kisses all over her face. Mila shrieks happily and wiggles on the bed. I can tell the loud laughs Mila's making hurts Hazel's head, but my wife doesn't stop making our girl laugh.

"Miwa 'iss chu tew!" Mila finally responds once Hazel stops tickling her, "I wan chur bewbie 'ow." She adds.

"You want my boobie now? Well, we can see if there's still yucky medicine in them. If there is, you have to have a baba."

My ladybug pouts as I stand up to grab a test strip. I bought these at the drug store the other day. You dip the strip in some breastmilk, and it turns purple if there's drugs in the milk. There's also the same kind, but for alcohol.

"Here you go, babe." I say, handing over the strip.

Hazel thanks me and I watch as she pulls her engorged breast out of her tank top. She squeezes her nipple to get the milk flowing, then moves the strip right under her nipple once she gets a couple drops.