Chapter Eleven: Sunny Days

Hazel POV:

It's been two days since West came over to help out with Mila. Those two couldn't be more different if they tried. I'm pretty sure that she was purposely irritating West just for the fun of it. My baby is a little instigator.

She's currently laying in bed with me and watching her cartoons. It's way too early in the morning to be listing to the PJ Masks theme song, but here we are. I needed another hour of sleep and this is the only way I can get some form of peace when she wakes up this early.

Today is also my parents last day here. They've been a massive help, but we need our personal space back.

"Mama?" Mila suddenly asks when a commercial turns on.

"Yes, pea?" I sigh, reaching up to rub my eyes. I'm just too tired today.

"Gib me chur bewbie." Little hands grab at my tank top and I lower one strap, pulling out my left breast.

Mila doesn't waste as second. She lays her body on top of mine and latches on. Her suckles are slow and unhurried as she nurses while watching her television show. I laugh and start rubbing my fingers through her hair.

She's going to need another haircut soon. The blonde strands have gotten really long. It's reaching the middle of her back and curling at the ends. I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to manage.

I'm broken out of my thoughts by tiny, cold fingers reaching into my tank top. I jump and look down. Mila is currently trying to pull my other breast out of my shirt.

"Do you really need both of them, pea?" I ask with a laugh.

Her tiny head moves against my chest as she nods. She doesn't need both. My pea just wants to twiddle. With an eye roll, I pop my other breast out for her. It doesn't even take a second for her cold little fingers to grasp my nipple.

Like I suspected, all she's doing is playing with it. It doesn't even hurt anymore. I'm pretty sure my nipples have turned into diamonds with how strong they are.

"Ere is Dada?" Mila lisps around my nipple.

Milk rolls down the side of her mouth, soaking my skin as she speaks. "He should be home soon, baby. Daddy is going to work from home today."

Theo has been working from home for a while now. While he prefers to be in the office, he wants to stay home with me for a while.

"Dada pway wif me?"

"He has to work, pea. Daddy can't play and work at the same time. He can play with you when he's done."

Mila unlatches from my breast and pouts at me. She sits up on my stomach and rubs her eyes. I have a feeling we're going to have a rough day. She hardly got any sleep last night and was up early. It makes for a really cranky Mila. I'm probably going to have to put her down for an early nap.

"I know it's hard, baby. Daddy wants to play with you all day too. He has to be a grown up, though." I say, reaching up to stroke Mila's cheek.

All my baby does is whimper and lay her head in my hand. Downstairs, I can hear the front door open and close, signaling that Theo's returned home. His footsteps clomp up the stairs and come closer to our room.

"Do you hear that?" I ask Mila with wide eyes. My voice is enthusiastic, trying to hype her up.

Mila looks up at me with wide, hazel eyes and looks towards our bedroom door. It's opened and she squeals excitedly when Theo walks in.

"Dada!" Mila squeals, bouncing on my stomach. I wince since my ribs are still sore. The bruising is almost gone on my stomach, but that doesn't mean that I'm no longer sore.