Ch 34 : Pain

DRAKE'S POV- (the day when Sophia said tris and kay, gay and orphan)

I was so busy for a few days. Being a gang leader and attending school, doing all the 'homework!'. Now does it cool that the feared gang leader is doing homework?

These days were a headache for me. That 'someone' is bugging me too much. I want to spend time with Sophia but I am too occupied with all the work. When I start thinking about Sophia I can't stop myself from admiring her.

I was never so relaxed with someone else, Sophia brought the real me and reminded me of the life I used to live before my father died.

I sighed.

I asked Sophia to be my girlfriend and she said yes. We also kiss and cuddle, but I want this to be more special for us. I want her to remember all these things and make her the happiest woman. I don't know what happened to me in front of her but it was like-

My mind goes from thinking we have logic to "joiealhrngerkdjshnvlkzjhdnsf". It kind of sneaks up on me. I get to see her, and all of a sudden I find myself wanting to see her more, and I'm not entirely too sure why. Just something about her makes me smile. I talk to her as much as I can. Or I at least try to anyway and find a way to kiss her. I know it sounds crazy but I am crazy behind that girl. After my father died, my friends, mom, and especially my sister helped me. I feel sad for Avery, she is too small for this shit. My mom was broken and I needed to do something to help my family, I couldn't simply just sit and see them working hard for money. Uncle was our light, he helped us and taught me how to become a responsible gang leader. Never did I want to be involved in these things still I was dragged.

 The first rule was never to be attached to someone much. I try my best but Sophia always becomes successful in breaking my walls, and this scares me. I can't let this special woman's life become shit and I promise to give her all the happiness in the world. 

 But to be honest, sometimes I find myself at the loss of words. It's because she's gorgeous; I lose every thought in my mind. The only words I'm thinking are "wow! this girl is making me crazy" and I WANT to tell her but can't.

Then next thing you know I'm with her, and my heart starts racing as I begin to get shaky. I don't want her to see my hand trembling, but in front of everybody, I physically flirt a little to test the waters. And if she plays back I swallow everything and lightly go to take her hand. In front of everyone. My friends are cheering, and I can see it in their eyes. And then I look into hers just to see if she's just as nervous as I am and at that point, it's fair to say I've fallen for that girl.

Maybe not gone off the ledge, fallen in love. But she's going to be almost every thought I have. And every moment I'm not with her, I wish I was. That girl makes my heart skip beats.

 Words may even stutter. I guess what I'm getting at is, that girl is kind of like an addiction. Not in a bad way (most of the time).  And above all else I want her to smile more because all of those things, I can't replace.

As the shipments of 20 million dollars were successful, I gave a small party to my workers. Today I also plan to confess my feeling for that one girl and It's a surprise. Keeping secrets from Sophia is hard, she somehow tricks us into her innocent childish act. I told Kayden and Tristan to distract her until I get ready and gift Sophia her date night dress.  

When I was small my father never forced me to join the gang. I used to admire him in everything, he did teach me how to fight, and use guns but never pressurized me. My dad adopted Tristan and Kayden till they turned 18 and they are more like my blood brothers. Dean's father used to work for my father as a personal bodyguard and somehow Dean was protective over me. I never admitted it but I can sing. The day I heard Sophia singing, I couldn't help but think to tell her about my singing ability which died with me being a cold-hearted gang leader.