|- chapter one -|

This was quite possibly the most important mission to Steve than ever before. We had to rescue his best friend from HYDRA. He was meant to keep him safe from Tony and the Military but that went south when he tried to escape.
Luckily, this time he had me to help him.

"Bell d'you have eyes on Bucky? Can you see him?" Rogers asked frantically through an earpiece.
"400 yards to your right Stevie." I replied, keeping my eyes on all four monitors of CCTV.
"Thanks Bell." he replied.
I had stolen the Avenger's surveillance van and managed to hook it to the compound where Steve and Sam were so I could keep an eye on their friend for them.
I noticed that in a security camera, Barnes was heading to a warehouse, I sent the co-ordinates to Sam and led Steve there.

"I don't want to hurt you Buck." I heard Steve say.
"Steve? Do you need me to get there?" I asked.
Next, all i could hear were punches and grunts of pain.
"Sam?!" i called out.
After hearing nothing, I took the initiative to get to the warehouse.

It took about 10 minutes and once I had gotten there, it was silent through the radio.
"Steve?" I called through the earpiece. I heard nothing but silence for a few moments until Sam spoke up.
"We're okay, you can come through." he said. i got out of the car hastily and ran into the warehouse.

The first thing I noticed was Steve lying on the floor and Sam sitting on top of a pipe. I felt Steve's pain, he had had worse before though. He would be fine. I then looked to my right to see Barnes himself, unconscious with a clamp holding his metal arm down to a table.
"What happened here?" I asked as I began to help Steve sit up against a wall.
"He was under the Winter Soldier control. We managed to get him unconscious, we just need him to wake up." Steve answered, breathlessly. "Step away from me, I don't want to make you lose control again." He instructed.
"Too late, I'm fine anyways. I'm under control of it now." I replied.
"Fine, how's he feeling?" Steve asked. I looked across at Bucky. His long, dark hair covering his face. I felt a wave of sadness come through me.
"He's sad, probably about what just happened." I informed.
"Makes sense." He muttered.
Bucky then started stirring awake. Steve shot up and stood in front of him, Sam quickly followed. I stood in the middle of them until Sam grabbed my arm pushed me behind him, not letting me move closer to Barnes. I felt a wave of fear flow through him.
"It'll be fine Sam." I whispered. He responded with a small smile and a squeeze of my arm. However he covered me away from Bucky a little more than before.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asked sternly. Bucky looked around at the warehouse and at the two men in front of him.
"Your mom's name was Sarah." He croaked.  Steve smiled with relief and loosened his stance.
"Nice to have you back Buck." He said.
"Nice to be back." Bucky replied with a half-smile.
"So how many people did I hurt?" He asked sincerely.
"Not a lot. Just enough to make people think that you're a criminal." Steve answered truthfully. Bucky nodded and sighed.

Sam loosened his grip on me and i stood beside the two of them.
"And who're you?" he asked.
"Annabel Walker. It's nice to meet you Bucky." i answered with a smile.
"Nice to meet you too." He replied with a smile. "So what's your... thing?" He asked. Confidently, I lifted my hands to show him until Steve pushed them down.
"We're not doing 'show and tell' here. Something will definitely go wrong." He said. I rolled my eyes and put my hands by my side again.
"I can read minds, I can tell what people are feeling and also can make people feel emotions with a pulse of my power." I explained.
"Nice ... Make me feel horny one day will you?" He said with a smirk. I sniggered at him
"No you are not." Steve interrupted, pointing a stern finger at me. "Annabel had a breakdown in the middle of a mission two months ago. This is her first one back since." He informed the semi-trapped prisoner.
"Really? What did she do to make her banned from missions? Made someone cry? C'mon I bet you didn't even tell her what I've done." Bucky said with sarcasm, but with a hint of curiosity.
"James Buchanan Barnes." I started "Preferred to be called as Bucky. Was taken by HYDRA and was under mind control and used as a hitman for years before being frozen. Was just made suspect of murdering the old king of Wakanda. Around about 100 years old and has unintentionally murdered hundreds of people." I answered. "And yes. I may or may not have made someone cry and that's why I was suspended from missions."

The warehouse was stunned with silence. I stood my ground and waited for someone to answer.

"Bad...ass." Bucky said. "Your name's Beau right?"
"Bell actually." I corrected him.
"Well, I think i'm gonna keep the name Beau." He insisted. I felt a wave of happiness flow through me that came from him.
"Alright then." I said with a smile. "Beau it is."

Did he just ... intentionally call me beautiful?

I was left in a blushed mess as Steve spoke to Bucky more.

Soon after, the three of us went back to the van. Steve and Sam were sitting in the front and Bucky and I in the back.
"So where are we going?" I asked.
"The airport." Steve answered. "I hope you're still okay with planes Buck."
"All good man." He replied.
"That's good. Get some sleep though, we're gonna be travelling a while." Steve added.
I took that offer instantly and lay my head back and shut my eyes.

"What just like that? you can just fall asleep?" Bucky asked.
"Yes bucky." I muttered. "Please stop talking so loudly."
"I...wasn't talking." he stuttered. My eyes shot open. "You did answer my thought though." he added, I sat back up in confusion.
"What do you mean? Bucky asked a question right guys?" I asked defensively.
"Bell ... Bucky didn't say a thing." Sam replied.

"Wait so, I could hear your thoughts ... in my head?"