|- chapter eleven -|

"Tony what the fuck is this?" I asked through a pained smile.
"It's a gathering... You look gorgeous by the way." He said innocently.
"No... This is a formal party Tony. No sweet talk is gonna soften me up for this." I said.
"This will." He smirked.

"Ladies and Gents! Here is the wonderful Annabel Walker, her first appearance to a party in a year. Let's give her a warm welcome back!" He announced. He forced me to face everyone. I felt everyone's emotions, weak and small. Lots of people were happy, but a lot of others were terrified. I felt bad for making people feel this way about me.
"Focus on me Beau." Bucky thought. I relaxed and smiled softly in front of me.
"Go and party everyone! DJ's here until 11pm!" Tony announced. Everyone turned around and went to the dance floor.

"Tony what the fuck. That was too much." Bucky said.
"Well, sometimes you need to throw someone into the deep end to make them swim" He reasoned.
"Well, maybe you could've mentioned that people from Sweden were here. I maybe would have not dressed as much as this." I muttered.
"Well they knew that you were here as an act of an apology." Tony answered.
"Bullshit Tony." I said.
"You'll forgive me later." He replied.
Bucky rolled his eyes and pulled me away to the side.

"Do you not want to go back upstairs?" He asked.
"It's fine, Tony wants us to stay for atleast an hour. If I get drunk it's not too bad to handle all these emotions." I said.
"To the bar we go then." He declared, linking his arm into mine and walking across the room.

"Two of the usual please Eduardo." I asked. The bartender nodded his head and began making two drinks.
"You come here often?" Bucky asked.
"Normally I'm here, party or not. Eduardo here has been working here for years. He's a lovely man, not much of a people person though." I explained.
"I see." Bucky answered.

Eduardo placed two cocktail glasses filled with a red juice in front of us.
"Two Hand-Grenades for you Miss Walker and your companion." He said in a latino accent.
"Thank you Eddie." I beamed.
"My pleasure." He nodded.
We drank the cocktails very quickly and asked for another.

We had drank about four each until Bucky started asking questions.
"So what happened in Sweden?" He asked. I finished gulping my drink down before answering.
"That was where I had my meltdown. I was on probation so I couldn't leave the compound to apologise to the families I had hurt." I answered.
"Ah, okay." He replied.

After I chugged another Hand Grenade, I wanted to go dance. I dragged Bucky off of the chair and pulled him into the middle of the dance floor. The DJ was starting to play slower songs so I knew that a slow dance was coming in soon, my favourite dance.

"Did you regularly come to Tony's parties before your meltdown?" Bucky asked before we began dancing.
"Yeah, I was the life of the party he'd always say." I answered.
"I'm sure you were, I'm sad to have missed it." He said with a smile. Bucky was feeling flirty, I sensed it quite strongly. Now I don't know if this was because I had watched him down four glasses of the strongest cocktail but I definitely sense flirt in him.

"Alright Ladies, Gents, and Robots, it is time for one of our final dances. Please head to the dance floor with a partner and lets dance real slow." The DJ said into his mic.
He began to play 'Unchained Melody'. A song that made Bucky place a hand on his heart and sway.
"This song takes me back to the good days" He said. "When Steve and I would go around and get all the ladies."
"I'm sure that you got many." I answered.
"Yeah, but they were never special." He said, placing his hands around the back of my waist. I placed my hands around the back of his neck and smiled at him softly.

"What was it like back then?" I asked.

"It depends on who you were and what you did if I'm honest. I got it quite lucky and became who I was due to my parents being so wealthy. Steve found it hard. But now he is the way he is, which is good because I thought I'd never see him again." He answered after a moment of thought. "I'm sad that I couldn't share it with you." He added.
"Well, I'm here now. We can live life in my time." I said. Bucky smiled.
"Lets dance like we did in our time then." He said. He took one of my hands from the back of his neck and held it in his. He put them out to the side and I moved my other hand to his shoulder. We swayed slowly to the music, I occasionally stepped on his foot but the smiles never left our faces.

"I just want to dance all night." I sighed after the last song had played and the guests were beginning to leave.
"Well why don't we?" Bucky said. "You have music in your room. We can dance for as long as we want there." He suggested. I smiled and nodded my head.
"Let's go." I answered.

Bucky kept a hold of my hand and led me to my room. He closed over the door while I slipped off my heels and let my hair down. When I turned back around, Bucky was taking off his blazer and loosening his tie. I couldn't help but feel a little breathless as I saw his muscles lightly through his shirt.

"FRIDAY, play my calm music." I said.

Certainly Miss Walker.

FRIDAY began to play some music, I took Bucky's hands and pulled him into the middle of the room. We swayed back and forth for a bit before I leaned into him and hugged his waist. I rested my head on his chest and relaxed. He relaxed too and rested his arms on my back. We swayed back and forth in silence for about 5 songs until my favourite song came on. I lifted my head and looked Bucky in the eyes. I never noticed the softness of his eyes when he was relaxed, the way he was looking at me was a way I had never seen before. He felt happy, which made me happy too.

I slowly leaned in closer to his lips and closed my eyes, he began to do the same. My heart was racing and my stomach was bursting with butterflies. We were centimetres away from each other until...

FRIDAY stopped the music.

Apologies Miss Walker but Mr Stark requests your appearance.