|- chapter seventeen -|

I woke up in a crappy old bed and a dark room. I sat up groggily and rubbed my eyes. I scanned my surroundings to only realise that I was completely alone.

"Hello?" I spoke out.

A door instantly opened. I heard footsteps come closer to me. But the weird thing was, I couldn't tell how they were feeling. The door shut and I heard the lock click as I finally turned around to realise that three men had entered the room. One bald man in a suit, and two armed men with thick protective vests on and a helmet.

"Annabel Walker." The bald man said.
I said nothing. But I stared into one of the soldiers eyes and tried to read them. Their expression was solid and I couldn't feel a thing.

"Ah you are wondering why you cannot feel his emotions." He said.
"It just takes time sometimes." I muttered quietly. The bald man let out a chuckle.
"Well, you'll be waiting a while seeing as these men and everyone else here have emotion blockers. They do not feel a thing." He explained. I quickly gave up after the explanation and looked back at the bald man.
"As you are staying here for quite some time, I must explain some ground rules." He said in a monotone report.
"Number 1, You disobey orders from anyone? You get a punishment. Number 2, You resist testing? You get a punishment. Number 5, you refuse to eat? You get a punishment. And Number 4, You speak out of order-"
"Let me guess." I interrupted. "I get a punishment."

The bald man sighed and and snapped his fingers twice. The soldiers behind him rushed towards my cage and opened the door. Two of them grabbed me on the arm and dragged me out.
"Hey! Let go!" I yelled. They ignored me and continued to drag me across the floor and out of the room.
They dragged me down a bright and pristine hallway. They then threw me in a room and slammed the door shut.

The room was completely white with a camera in the corner with a speaker next to it. I stood up and looked directly into the it.
"What the hell is this?" I asked.
"Just a little experiment. Please stand by." A man answered through the speaker.

Soon enough, a high pitched noise through the speaker. At first it was just an annoying sound. But then it changed into a sound that got into my head. The noise turned into shrieks and screams in my head, it overcrowded everything in my brain, causing me to collapse to the ground. The pain in my head increased and lead to me screaming.

"Stop!" I cried out as the pain increased further into my head. "Stop it!"
The pain only increased and increased. My head felt like it was going to explode.

I pried open my eyes and only saw blue.
It was going to happen again.

I cried out in pain and let out my power. I screamed as the pain I felt stopped growing stronger. It eventually stopped and I fell to the ground in exhaustion.

I got a few a few moments of silence until the door opened loudly and two heavy pairs of feet walked to me and dragged me out of the room by each arm. I just hung my head in defeat and allowed it to happen.

The two soldiers dragged me to my glass dome thing and dumped me on the floor. I stayed there and just tried to gain back any form of energy. The lights in front of me were blinding and I could still see them even if my eyes were closed. I let out a frustrated groan and allowed some tears well up and fall from my eyes.
I was all alone again, like normal. It felt kind of peaceful. My mind was at rest, no emotions, no people.

I wasn't alone there for long though. The door opened again and I heard another lot of footsteps. They all walked to the other side of my cell so they could look at me... or so I could look at them. The bald man was there again, except with only one soldier.

"Have you learned your lesson?" the bald man asked. I slowly nodded.
"Good. We need to get you out for some blood tests." He said. I groaned as my protest as I couldn't speak. They didn't care though. The soldier picked me up and led me to a different room. This one had a surgery table and many many knives and needles and not a lot of cleaning supplies.
The man shoved me onto the surgery table where I was strapped down and my arm was strapped onto an arm rest away from the rest of my body. I tried my hardest to resist what they were doing to me but it was very difficult. All I could really do was groan loudly and softly mumble out "No!" and "Please!" but it was all hopeless.

A masked doctor came into my eyesight and he said.
"Let's see what's going on with you freako." He said before pushing the first needle into my arm. I groaned in agony and begged in my head for it to stop.
This felt like a new form of torture. I could understand what was happening, but couldn't do anything in order to stop it.

I began to pray for Tony or Bucky to just appear in front of me, to save me. To take me home.

I just wanted to be home.