|- chapter eighteen -|

"Get up." a man sternly said. I squinted my eyes at the bright room and closed them again.

*zap*

I sharp, electrifying pain ran up my whole body. I shot up and rubbed where it hurt the most, my arm.
The man that zapped me was at my cell door with a small tray. He opened the door and chucked the tray down, not caring if any of the food on the tray fell onto the floor.

"You will be taken through to a testing room in approximately 10 minutes. Eat up." He said bluntly. I didn't reply. Instead, I scoffed up the small amount of food that was on my tray. A slice of bread, a small baton of a carrot and a 100ml bottle of water. I guzzled everything down and kicked my tray away.

While I waited for the men to arrive, I took a closer look around the room I was confined in outside of my glass prison. There wasn't much. Just a huge vent system around me. I tried following one, but they were all overlapping and consistently turning and twisting and made no sense.
I also looked out for a window, or any natural sunlight around the room, but there was nothing.

The door of my room opened and three men marched in. They all came towards me and one opened the door. The other two grabbed one of my arms each and dragged me out of the room. I tried to kick them or wriggle out of their grasp but they either caught my kick with their free hand, or tightened their grip.

They dragged me down a hallway and went into a darker room. I was tied to a table in the middle of the room and my mouth was covered with duct tape. A 'doctor' came into my view and he held up a syringe.
"Tell me if this hurts." He said before sticking it into my arm without a heads up.

I was fine for about 10 seconds, I thought i was just a placebo type thing or something.
Then I felt it. The pain slowly ringing up in my head. I groaned in pain as it started to escalate.
It started to become worse and my groans came into whimpers. Then whimpers into screams.

Soon enough, my whole head felt like it was on fire and all I could do was scream. All the people around me did was watch me suffer.
It wasn't until one of the soldiers nodded at the doctor and he came up to me with a different syringe and injected me with that substance. Soon enough, the pain subsided and all was heard was my small whimpers.

Next, they dragged me along to another room and sat me in a chair. A doctor drew my blood and drank some of it in front of me, then came back to my arm to get more from me.

After that, I went back to the first room and they put another substance in my body. It was similar to the other one, except that I couldn't scream loudly or move anything because it was a paralytic. All I could do was let out pathetic grunts and moans of pain until the doctor stopped it. I couldn't even lift my head up after the pain subsided, I was still paralysed.
They dragged me back to the room with the chair in it and drew my blood twice, the doctor drinking the first one and then keeping the second one.

This process happened about 5 or 6 more times until it was stopped by the soldier who told the doctor to stop the pain the first time.
I was dragged back to my cell and thrown onto the floor. I was still paralysed from my knees down so I had to drag myself to the edge of my cell in order to relax.

I was then alone for the rest of the day. No one came in to check on me, No one would talk to me. I was completely and utterly alone for god knows how long.

A little voice in my head still spoke about Bucky and Tony coming to find me and taking me away from here. Maybe that was what was gonna keep me going for the rest of my life here.

I relaxed at the thought of Bucky and the good run we had had. Getting drunk at Tony's party, Running away to Glasgow to escape Tony. Meeting each other and all the other great things.

Maybe it wouldn't be bad to just finish here. It was a good run and it's been nice not feeling the emotions of every human being I was around. It was fine here I guess...

I could just stay here forever right?