|- chapter nineteen -|

~ time skip ~

tw // descriptions of unhealthy body (result from lack of food).

It was roughly about day 36 or 37 when I started giving up on hope. I continued to get tested on. Blood tests, Tolerance level tests and basic strength of my powers. I hadn't felt anyone's emotion for ages. Although it felt nice for a while, I hated it now.

I also missed hearing Bucky's thoughts. His little remarks about me or just the little intrusive funny thoughts in his head that would make me giggle. I also missed Tony and the way that he was sarcastic but also so caring towards me. I missed Peter, that just never stopped and always gave me a rush of happy emotions whenever I sas him.

But my body was tired, beaten and bruised. I could see quite a few of my ribs and my left forearm was most definitely broken due to the throws to the ground from the guards.
I was miserable and giving up, there was no point in trying to fight back anymore.

A soldier came in at the same time he always does and gave me a small tray of food. I didn't even bother to look at what it was. I just turned my body the other way and ignored him.
"Ms Walker You are violating rule number three." the soldier warned.
"Go to hell." I softly muttered.
He let out a sigh and opened my cell to take the tray back.
"Give me your hand Walker." He demanded. I ignored him and closed my eyes.
"Walker..." He said, his tone becoming stern. "I can make this so much worse for you."
I ignored him once again and turned away from him more.
"Fine." he muttered.

He came into my cell and grabbed my arms. I screamed with pain as he tightened his grip on my left arm, knowing it was broken. He tied my hands together with strong rope and attached it to a hook. I tried to struggle my way out of it, but I was too weak to.

"You have three hours of hanging until your next blood and tolerance test." He began. "If you are not out of this cell for tests, you are hanging here."
"I hate you." I spat. I kicked my leg to aim for his neck, but he caught my leg in his hand before I hit him. Surprised, I jolted my leg back and looked at him in dismay.
"See you in three hours Walker." He said calmly before walking out of the cell with the tray of what was meant to be my food for the day.

I hung around for about an hour ish until I heard small amounts of movement. I thought it was a guard passing the door outside so I just ignored it.
"Annabel?" I heard a man whisper. My face lifted and my energy was instantly boosted.
"Who's there?" I called out.
"Shh! Be quiet. We don't know what they can hear." The voice whispered again. "I've found her." He whispered to who knows what.
"Yeah well I can't fucking see you dude so tell me who you are." I whispered.

Instantly, a man popped up in a red suit. I recognised him as Scott. I smiled in relief.
"Scott!" I said with a relief filled breath.
"C'mon, let's get you out of here." He whispered.

He slowly picked the lock on my cell door and opened it. He untied the rope from my wrist and I collapsed into his arms. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, giving me a quick hug before letting go.

"Can you get into this?" He asked, pulling out a small outfit. He clicked a button on his suit and it expanded into a human-sized outfit. I took it and stepped into it. Scott clicked a button on my suit and I shrunk down, he quickly became my height too.
"C'mon Anton will take you out to Bucky and Tony." He said in his normal voice.
"Bucky's here?" I asked.
"He's the one who didn't stop until he found you." Scott replied. "I'm only here because no one else could get in here without being noticed." he added. I looked behind me to see an ant waiting for me to climb onto it's back. I sat on it's back and let it lead the way.
We followed a vent that led outside to the edge of the building and the obviously electrified fence. My eyes almost burned at the sight of daylight. I covered my eyes and lowered my head.

"How are we getting out?" I asked.
"Anton can fly Bell, we're getting out by him." Scott answered as he clambered on Anton behind me. He held onto my waist to keep me safe as Anton flapped it's wings.
"We're on our way Tony, roughly T minus 30 seconds." Scott announced.

As we flew out of my prison, I managed to open my eyes. Across the horizon, I saw two figures and a van. As we flew closer to it, one of the figures turned into Tony and the other, Bucky.

We slowly started to land and Scott started to explain how I was to grow back into normal. I understood mostly what he was saying and prepared myself for official freedom.
But the preparation for freedom made me feel sick and lightheaded. I felt myself feeling lighter and lighter, but the ground closer and closer. I looked at Bucky and as if he knew, he scrambled over towards me in an effort to catch me.

I was out before I hit the ground.