|- chapter nine -|

tw// descriptions of blood.

I stuck an earpiece Tony made for Bucky into his ear before we landed. He didn't seem to agree with it but persevered through anyways.

"Okay, when we're close the earpieces should connect to Peter's and stay like that if we stay in the city. He said the robbery was in the City Bank which is... this way." I informed him.
"Perfect, hop on my back." He said. "I'll run there."

I did as he said and clambered onto his back. When I was on comfortably, he sprinted towards the Bank.
About 2 minutes in, we heard gun shots and screaming. We knew that we were close when Peter came flying over us. We followed him on foot and came across chaos.

"Guys thank god you're here!" He said through the earpiece. "There's only a few more guys but they're slippery, hard to get."
"Where do you need us kid?" Bucky asked.
"Hey you're strong! Can you get the bad guys on the other side of the street?" He asked.
"For sure." Bucky answered.
"Thank you Mister Metal Arm Sir!" Peter thanked.
"Call me Bucky." He said before he sprinted off.
"Okay, Bucky!"

"Bell, you have to help me over here." Peter said. "There's this guy that's too strong, can you overpower his emotions or something?" He asked.
"For sure. Where is he?" I said.
"This way!" He said leading me through the empty but noisy street.

After turning left towards the entrance of the Bank, There was a man that was different to everyone else. Physically different.
"Him in the middle Pete?" I asked.
"Yep! I just need it for like, one minute just so I can get him down!" He instructed.
"Alright!" I said
"Thanks Bell!"

I walked closer to the guy, preparing my magic during that time. When he looked at me in the eyes, I struck him in the heart, and his head. I grunted and pulled him to the ground.
"He's stronger than I imagined Pete." I groaned. "Hurry up!"
"Okay okay!" Peter said hurriedly. I saw him fly around us, spraying his webs across all of the gadgets on the masked man.

"I'm free, where are you guys?" Bucky asked through comms.
"In front of the Bank. We're not hard to miss." Peter answered. "Bell how are you doing." He asked. I couldn't answer, just groan while I tried to keep him down. It felt like he was purposely taking his time on this guy.

The man began to come out of the overload of emotions I put him in. As much as I tried, he was just too strong. He burst out of the trance and struggled out of the webs.

"Shit." I hissed.

He pulled out a blade from his pocket that had a purple glowing tip. He pounced at me with it, I jumped out of the way and he sliced my upper arm open.
"Ouch. Dick." I said, grabbing my shoulder, pulling my hand away too see a large amount of blood pooled on my hand.
"You okay?" Bucky asked, pulling me up and away from the clearly aggravated guy.
"I'm fine, don't worry." I said shaking the blood off of my hand. Bucky looked me up and down, almost like checking me out for any other injuries before going up to the guy and disarming him.
"Bell can you do that sleep thing you did to me when we met?" He asked me while holding him down. I walked over and touched the guy's struggling arm and forced him to sleep with all of my might.
The man stopped struggling and fell asleep.

I fell down on my ass in exhaustion and took a deep breath of relief.

"Great job guys! I'll go get him locked up. Thank you so much guys!" Peter said, shooting a web towards a building and pulling himself upwards towards the cops.
"Cool, We're gonna head back soon then. He shouldn't break out of that trance for a while now." Bucky said into the comms.

Bucky looked down at me and kneeled in front of me.
"Can you walk?" He asked. I nodded my head and tried to stand up, all the blood rushed away from my head and I dropped down again.
"Obviously not then." I muttered with a little bit of annoyance in my tone. Bucky looked at me sympathetically and placed a hand on my shoulder.
"I'll go fly the quinjet over and you can catch your breath a little." He said.
"Okay." I replied.

"Hey kid." Bucky said into the comms. "If you're still close by, come watch over Bell while I fly the quinjet over."
We heard nothing for a few moments until there was a crash of rubble beside us. We shot our heads round to see Tony in his new suit.
"No need, I'll grab the quinjet. You stay with Annabel, White Wolf." Tony said before flying off again.

"White Wolf?" I asked.
"It's what the Wakandans called me." Bucky answered. "I was the White Wolf, T'Challa was the Black Panther." He explained.
"I like it. Personally, I think it's better than the Winter Soldier" I said. Bucky smiled in gratitude.

His eyes then focused onto my arm that I was holding on to.
"Can you not heal your arm?" He asked. I shook my head.
"It takes more energy to heal myself than it does others. I'm too tired to try." I answered.

"Here I am munchkins. Hop in." Tony announced in the comms. We saw the quinjet lower down onto the large street and saw the doors open. Bucky helped me up and guided me onto the jet by holding one hand around the back of my waist and the other holding my arm lightly.
He helped me into a chair and strapped me in. I smiled at his gesture and he smiled softly back. He then sat down in the chair next to mine and buckled in.
"Where to?" He asked as the jet took off.
"Straight back to the compound, T'Challa wants you to have a room there. I also want Bell to be somewhere FRIDAY can keep an eye on her." Tony answered.
"What about the gathering?" I asked.
"Happening tomorrow night instead. When I heard about the kid and what was actually happening I cancelled my invite and offered to move it and to use my place as the venue." He answered. "I wanted you safe first Bell."

Once we were in the air and there was no turbulence, Tony put the jet on auto pilot and unbuckled my seat.
"Lets stitch up that shoulder." He said, helping me up. "Can you get over to the medi-table yourself?"
I was still too tired to walk by myself, using my power had drained me completely today.
"I can't Tony." I answered.
"That's okay, don't panic. Wolfie, come help Bell to the table." Tony said.
At the snap of a finger, Bucky was guiding me to the table. When we got there, he lifted me up and lay me down on the table gently.

Once I got horizontal, my eyes couldn't stay open. Normally I like staying awake because I need to be aware of what Tony's doing, but I was just too tired.
"Go to sleep Bell, it's the usual stitches, probably about 4 or 5." Tony said quietly.

I gratefully took the opportunity and let my eyes rest.