|- chapter four -|

"Is Mr Stark okay?" Peter asked worryingly.
"We'll have to see." I answered.

"Miss Walker, Mr Stark would like to see you in the Living Space."

"Shit. Peter, stay here." I instructed as I walked out of my bedroom door and shut it. I ran down the stairs and saw Tony lying there with cuts and bruises everywhere.
"Holy Shit Tony." I said.
"Yeah... This was from your friends." He answered through his teeth.
"Here, I can help." I said, running towards him and putting a hand on his thigh where blood was oozing out of. I did the same thing I did to Peter and let the blue mist go onto Tony.
"Did I hurt you badly?" Tony asked with more ease in his voice.
"That doesn't matter right now." I answered, moving my hand up to his sternum and repeating the same motion.
"How can you heal me?" He asked.
"I dunno I just can, now shush." I said quickly.

I managed to heal him to the best of my abilities but the small cuts on his face and his busted lip wouldn't heal. I left it and helped him sit up on the couch.

"I wasn't too bad. I've been worse. I was gonna lose control but it stopped when Wanda blasted you." I answered his previous question.
"Yeah, sorry about that, there was no other choice. It was all in the moment." He said.
"It's okay Tony." I said.

"Mr Stark, Mr Peter Parker would like to speak to you about going back to Queens."

"Ah shit the kid. You've seen him around?" Tony asked.
"I told him to stay in my room." I informed.
"FRIDAY let him come through" Tony declared

"Certainly sir."

"MR STARK. MR STARK ARE YOU OKAY?" We heard him scream as he ran through.
He was red in the face when he arrived in the room.
"Yeah kid I'm good. Let's get you home to Aunt May though." He answered, putting an arm around Peter's shoulder and leading him to the garage.
"See yah Walker!" Tony yelled before leaving me alone in the room completely.

I never spent a second longer in the Living Space and went straight into my room, but when I entered my room. It was strange.
I felt Bucky's presence and heard his thoughts here.
"Bucky?" I whispered.
"Behind you Beau." He said in his head. I whipped my head around and saw the glimmer of his metal arm on the other side of the window. I ran to my balcony door and heaved it open to let him in.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked.
"I snuck in. How's Tony?" He asked.
"He's fine." I said
"Good. I need to talk to you tomorrow. Meet us where we dropped you off at 6pm okay?" He instructed.
"I will, stay safe." I answered.
"You know I will be." He replied with a small smile.

Bucky stood up on the railing and looked at me with a small smile.
"See you tomorrow Beau." He thought.
He jumped down to the ground and ran off into the forest, leaving me alone, smiling softly to myself.

I closed my balcony door and changed into some sweats and a sports bra to go into bed. I was drained from using my power so much today that I felt like I could sleep for the rest of the year.

~

Tony arrived back at the compound at about 10am. I had just woken up and was adjusting my eyes to the light of my room because I had forgotten to shut my
curtains.

I heard a knock at my door.
"Come in." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes as the door clicked open. It was Nat.
"Hey." She said, leaning against the doorframe.
"Morning!" I hummed.
"How's the ass?" She asked. I looked at her with confusion.
"Is it doing it okay after I destroyed it?" She added, laughing. I rolled my eyes and laughed along with her.
"C'mon. Let's get food. It's too late for breakfast, might as well have Lunch." Nat said, walking away from the doorframe, leaving the door wide open. I got up and grabbed a hair tie before making my way downstairs while I put my hair in a ponytail.
Nat and Tony were in the kitchen when I walked in. Tony was pouring his coffee and Nat was pouring water into a tall glass.
"What do you want to eat kid?" Tony asked as I sat at the breakfast bar.
"Dunno." I replied.
"You've just had a huge fight after more than a month of not having one. You're eating." Tony answered.
"Fine, I'll have toast or something." I muttered. Tony smiled.
"FRIDAY make some toast for the kid please." Tony ordered

"Right away sir"

Machines whizzed and whirred and made me a slice of toast with butter slightly melted, just how I liked it. It was placed delicately on a plate in front of me. I took a small bite and ate it slowly as Tony thought deeply.
"Tony you're killing me here... What's making you think this hard?" I asked. He looked at me with shock, forgetting I could read his emotions.
"Oh... Just where Steve and that Frozone guy have gone to." He answered.
"Bucky." I corrected him. "His name is Bucky."
"Right right." He dismissed.
I sighed and put the rest of my toast in the bin.
"FRIDAY, What's the time?" Tony asked.

"It is 4:25pm sir."

Tony's eyes widened and he put his coffee cup down.
"Crap I'm late. Bell, Tasha. Stay safe, anything suspicious and you call me or Happy." He instructed before he left.

"It's not like we're superheroes or something." I muttered. Nat sniggered and nodded her head in agreement.
"I know, he just wants to protect you." She answered. I rolled my eyes, I hated that Tony babied me most of the time.
"I'm gonna go for a run, I'll see you in a bit." Nat said, kissing my head platonically.
"Alrighty." I replied.

After sitting for 10 minutes with my head completely empty, I went upstairs to get changed to get ready to go see Bucky.

I grabbed a pair of black stretchy jeans and paired it with a white sports bra and a blue/white checkered flannel.
I checked my look in the mirror and approved it with a small smile.
I decided to just keep my hair in a bun because I didn't want it to get all tangled up as I ran there.

It was about 5:45 and it took me half an hour to get back here from that distance... I just had to hope that Bucky wouldn't get pissed if I was late. I quickly ran downstairs, put on a pair of sneakers and ran towards the meeting location.

As I got closer to Bucky, I started to hear him again.
"Did she not want to come?" He thought quietly.
"No! I'm here!" I shouted. Bucky looked towards me and smiled softly.
"I thought you wouldn't come." He said.
"Nah, I like having you around." I replied with a smile.
"Well, I don't have a lot of time. I just wanted to see how you were holding up, but by the looks of things, you're okay." Bucky said.
"Yeah, no major injuries or anything." I replied. "Oh, you know that spider kid?" I asked, remembering my encounter with Peter last night.
"Yeah, the one that webbed you with ... the white substance." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and continued to add to my point.
"He's a 17 year old kid. Still in High School." I said.
"What the fuck?" He questioned
"Yeah i know, strong kid." I replied.

"So what've you been up to?" I asked.
"Well... The Wakandans want me to go to their prison because I allegedy murdered their king." He answered.
"Oh, I'm sure once they find out what actually happened they'll forgive you." I replied.
"Maybe, but I had a conversation with T'Challa," He started. "He says that the Dora Milaje could possibly stop me being activated into the Winter Soldier
though." He finished.
"That's good!" I replied with a bright smile.

His face didn't change.

"...It's good right?" I asked again.