|- chapter five -|

"Bucky." I said sternly, wanting him to answer me.
"The Wakandans said that they can learn how to stop me from becoming the Winter Solider... but they have to freeze me until they actually know how to. They don't know how to yet. I'm too much of a danger to be kept unfrozen with people like Zemo running around." He answered with regret.
I became slightly sad about it. Although he was a guy that I had barely known, I had already gained a good bond with him.
"Oh." I replied quietly.
"Yeah. That's also why I wanted to see you. So you'd know." He said.
"When?" I asked.
"In two/three days." He answered.
"...I see." I replied.
"There's... one other thing." Bucky started. "The others, Wanda, Clint, Scott and Sam? They're all in the middle of the ocean, imprisoned." He finished.
I took a sigh of guilt and dropped my head.
"Of course... I should've been there too, if I just wasn't so goddamn sensitive to people." I muttered.
"Don't say that." Bucky said. "I wanted you to be with us. I was worried for your safety."
I smiled softly and gazed into his sky blue eyes. He gazed back at me too.
"Asa o frumusete" He thought as his mouth curved into a smile.
"What does that mean?" I asked.
"frumusete... beauty." He whispered, bringing his face closer to mine. Our breath hot on each other's faces. Bucky quickly pulled away from me, leaving me breathless.

"D'you wanna come ride in the quinjet with me? I rode alone." He asked casually as if we weren't millimetres away from each other seconds ago.
"I probably shouldn't. Tony and Nat are keeping a close eye on me." I replied with a frown.
"Oh. Okay. I should probably go head back anyways." He said. "I'll find you before Sunday!" I said.
"I bet you will." He replied with a smile.

I turned around and began my run back to the Compound. I tried to keep a fast but steady pace all of the way back because Nat would probably start getting worried if she was back at the Compound and I wasn't.

I managed to make it back in about half an hour. I entered quietly through an open window to the training room. It was perfect. I was sweaty and out of breath, being in the training room explained my state perfectly if Nat was back and was looking for me.

As I got in the training room properly, FRIDAY gave me an announcement.

"Miss Walker, Miss Romanoff has been looking for you."

"Crap." I said aloud. "Did she look in here yet?" I asked.

"She will enter in a few moments"

"Thanks FRIDAY." I replied gratefully.

I ran over to the punching bag and proceeded to start punching it until Nat came in.

"There you are!" Nat said triumphantly. "Tony said that he was gonna be back soon and is hosting a party. He's sending you to Wakanda for the weekend until all the guests have left." She informed.
"Great... He still doesn't want me around people." I muttered.
"Hey! He doesn't want you to lose the confidence you've gained already. T'Challa will keep you company." Nat argued lightly.
"Yeah right." I scoffed. "I was just on the opposite team of the fight we had, there's no way he'll want to be friendly with me."
"I doubt that... Anyways, go get showered and pack clothes. The Dora Milajé will be here in 45 minutes to pick you up." Nat said, pointing out the training room door, indicating that I had to leave first.

I came into my room and instantly went for a shower. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a sweater and brought them through into my bathroom.
I undressed and turned on the shower.
"FRIDAY. Play my playlist."

"Certainly Annabel."

Some indie rock music began to play through the speakers in my bathroom as I washed my hair and my body.
Once I was clean, I put on my clean clothes and brushed my wet hair. I brushed my teeth before putting my toothbrush and toothpaste into a bag.
I went back through and packed a few essential things like a change of clothes and a hairbrush and shoved them into a duffel bag.
I wasted time by tidying my already tidied room. I rearranged different things on top of my surfaces and placed them in different places than before.

"Annabel, the Dora Milajé have arrived for you."

"Thanks FRIDAY." I called, grabbing my bag and heading out the door. "Bye Nat!" I yelled before shutting the door.

"Miss Annabel Elise Walker." Dalia greeted me.
"Dalia." I acknowledged. "I'm sure T'Challa was reluctant on letting me come to his country."
"He only did it because someone promised that a certain someone would behave if you were there." She replied with a sigh.
"What?" I asked.
"You'll see. Just get in the jet." She answered.

The ride to Wakanda was shorter than I had imagined. It was about 10pm when we had arrived so I was able to get some time to have food and settle in.

I was greeted by T'Challa and his sister Shuri alongside many guards.
"Your Highness." I mumbled.
"Miss Walker. Please come with me, I have someone that can keep you company for the few days of your stay." T'Challa said kindly.

I followed him into the palace and up a grand staircase. There was a couple of hallways to go down until he finally stopped at a doorway.
"You can either stay in this room, or stay in the one down the hall." He offered. "People will call you for breakfast tomorrow. The palace gym is down the hall and down a flight of stairs. I'm sure someone will walk you around the grounds." He said before walking away.

I opened the door and felt the familiar sense of safety.

Steve, Sam and Bucky, were all in the room together.