|- chapter sixteen -|

"Ah Bell. Welcome home." Tony said in his most fake polite tone ever.
"Thanks?" I said cautiously.
"Barnes! You're going back to Wakanda with this lovely Dora Milajé solider." He said, directing our attention to the solider who was standing in front of a Wakandan jet. She began to walk towards us.
"Barnes you have violated laws that you promised to keep in order to stay in Wakanda. I am taking you back only so you can take your belongings and get back here to this compound." She explained, grabbing his arm and yanking him away from me. "He will be back here in 2 hours." She said to Tony.
"That's plenty of time, thank you." Tony praised.
"Can I not say bye?" I asked. The soldier looked at me and let go of Bucky. He walked towards me and hugged me.
"I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise." He thought. I slyly kissed his jawline before he walked back to the Dora Milajé Warrior.

I watched Bucky walk into the Wakandan jet and felt Tony's anger become stronger as the jet flew away and I was no longer protected by Bucky. I slowly turned back to Tony and saw his livid expression.
"What the hell were you thinking?!" He hissed. "No note? No message? I thought you freakin' died!" He continued.
"Tony I'm sorry. I was only meant to be gone for a day." I said apologetically. "It was just so much longer and I didn't meant for it to happen."
"I spent days worried about you. I had Happy and Rhodey scout a ten mile radius of the compound with me." He said. "It was only when FRIDAY said that you had parked the jet in a field in Glasgow in stealth mode that I had calmed down."
"Well that fight we had wasn't nice for me. When I went upstairs I could still feel your anger. It was terrifying, I had to get away." I said, trying to explain myself.
Tony looked at me with his apologetic eyes. His anger had gone down and he was more relieved than anything else. He came closer to me and gave me a bear hug.
"I thought I lost you kid." He said. "Don't scare me like that again... Atleast leave a note."
"I'm sorry Tony." I said. "I hate when we fight." I stated.
"Me too." He said as he let me go. "Go into your room and unpack. I'll take you out for some proper American food." He instructed.
"Thanks Tony." I said with a small smile.

I walked into the compound and made my way to my room. I went into my shower and scrubbed the travelling gunky feeling I had and washed my hair. I got out and changed into jeans and a fitted shirt and went downstairs to Tony.

"Ready to go?" He asked as he shoved his phone into his trouser pocket. I smiled and nodded my head.
"Yep!" I replied.
We walked into his Porsche and he sped down the lane to the main road.

"You okay with going to a restaurant? We can get a private room or something." He asked as he looked into his rear view mirror. He and I both noticed a small black Audi with two passengers in the front, two men.
The road towards the city that we normally took never had cars. It was strange seeing another car coming towards the city that wasn't from the Avengers Compound.
"Yeah I'll be fine. I was out for meals most of the time when I was with Buck." I answered, ignoring the car behind us. I thought it was a new employee trying to find their way back to the city or something.
"That's fine then... Perfect." He muttered as he continuously checked the Audi.

A few minutes later, we came to a junction. Going straight on lead to the city, there was a left turn that lead to an army testing site and a right turn that lead to state borders.
We were meant going into the city, but Tony took a left turn towards the testing site.
"Tony... This isn't the right way." I mentioned. He shushed me and looked into his rear view again. I looked behind us and low and behold... the Audi was still there, following us.
"Is that a new employee or..?" I asked. Tony sighed and made a quick U-turn and stepped on the acceleration.
"No, kid. We're being followed." He said. "You in shape to use a gun? That front windscreen isn't bullet proof." He added.
I wasn't, but Tony always had one in his glove box so I grabbed it and opened my car window and hoped for the best. I closed one eye and aimed for the middle of the windshield and fired. The glass shattered and the car swerved off of the road. I smiled proudly and closed the window. I focused back to the road ahead of us and noticed two cars in front of us. They were on each side of the road and did not look like they were gonna stop.

"Tony..." I called out worryingly.
"It's fine. I've got a plan." He muttered. I looked at him. I could feel his heart pounding and his stress strengthening. He didn't have a plan, he just didn't want to admit it.

As both of the cars in front of us and the car we were in continued to move, Tony let out a deep sigh and accelerated the speed.
"Tony what the hell?!" I raised my voice. He didn't answer. He just kept driving straight into the cars.

"TONY!" I screamed.

But everything went black.