|- chapter twelve -|

tw // heated argument about loss of family

I sighed with a smile.
"I gotta go." I said painfully with a smile.
"Yeah, go. I gotta go find a room to sleep in anyways." Bucky replied.
"Goodnight." I said as I walked out of my room and downstairs quickly.

"What is it Tony?" I asked with annoyance.
"Woah, what's this attitude for?" He asked.
"Because I was having a good time." I answered.
"What with Winter Wolf? Na-uh honey. Not for a while." He said. "You two are getting too chummy."
"Why is that not allowed? Hell, you fell in love with your assistant. I can't fall in love with a guy who isn't even on the team?" I shot back. Tony gave me a stern look.
"You're falling in love with him?" He asked with a twinge of anger.

shit.

"I-I think that falling in love was the wrong term." I said "I like Bucky, He's a nice guy." I said, trying to cover it up.
"No no, You said 'falling in love'. You're not falling in love with this guy." He said.
"Tony... I'm drunk, you're drunk. This is not going to end well." I said, trying to cool him down."
"Stop avoiding the conversation!" He yelled. "You CANNOT. FALL IN LOVE. WITH THAT ... UNSTABLE MAN!" He screamed.
"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! I'M
NOT YOUR DAUGHTER!" I screamed back.
"WELL YOU DON'T REALLY HAVE PARENTS DO YOU?" He said in retaliation. I stopped.

"You know how my parents died Tony." I seethed while tears welled in my eyes.
"My mom died ... on YOUR ACCOUNT, because YOU COULDN'T SAVE HER." I screamed and pointed at him. "I ALSO FELT MY DAD DIE. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU FELT THE LIFE OF YOUR FATHER DISAPPEAR HUH?"

"WELL YOU KNOW WHAT. THAT GUY YOU'RE 'FALLING IN LOVE WITH' MURDERED MY MOM. THAT'S WHY I DON'T WANT YOU FALLING IN LOVE WITH THAT GUY." Tony yelled back.

We stood about two metres apart from each other, catching our breaths after screaming the compound down.
Anger was soaring through my veins. Tony too, but it wasn't affecting me because of the alcohol. My mind was racing with different options that I could take.
Once I had finally decided on one, I wiped my face of tears and faced him.
"I'm leaving. Don't look for me." I said calmly. I briskly walked back before Tony could say anything.

I walked up the stairs where I saw Bucky at the landing, standing there like he was waiting for me. He looked scared ... maybe even feeling sorry for me.
"How much did you hear." I asked, trying to stay emotionless.
"I'm so sorry you had to go through that Beau." He said, pulling me into his chest.
I let it all out, it was like a river bursting it's banks. I was just consistently crying. Bucky was shushing me and stroking my hair during all this too. He encouraged me to sit down and I sat on his lap while he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I wanna leave." I whispered after I had calmed down.
"We can leave, where do you wanna go?" Bucky asked calmly.
"I want to see Wanda." I whispered.
"Okay, we can go see Wanda. Do you know where she'd be?" He asked. I shook my head and wiped my eyes.
"No, but we have a way to contact each other." I answered. I walked down the hallway and entered my room. Bucky followed behind me and sat on my bed, keeping his distance.

I walked to my vanity and moved the rug that was in front of it. I lifted up a small floorboard and pulled out a small phone.
"A burner phone?" Bucky asked, slightly disappointed.
"She gave it to me before she left, I've hidden it here just incase I need it." I answered, clicking the buttons and phoning the only number in the phone.
I held it up to my ear and let it ring.

"Bell?" Wanda answered.
"I- I need to come over." I said.
"Of course love, I'll message my co-ordinates over to you. Are you okay?" She said.
"I'm fine, just need a break from Tony that's all." I answered.
"That's quite alright my love... Is Bucky coming too?" She asked. I looked over at him, the look he was giving me showed that he didn't want to leave me.
"Yeah, he's coming."
"That's fine, I'll stay up for you." Wanda said
"Thanks Wanda." I replied.
"See you soon Bell." She said before the call ended. Moments later, her number had messaged mr co-ordinates.

I sighed with relief and went into my closet to grab a few clothes. I went out and shoved them into the same bag I brought to Wakanda before Bucky got frozen over.
"Do you have any other clothes with you?" I asked Bucky.
"No, but I'll go grab something from Steve's room. I'll be right back." He said with a small smile and left the room.

I continued to pack essential items and changed out of my dress. I put on a pair of sweatpants and an oversized T-shirt and sat waiting on my bed. I looked across to my mirror and saw black stains under my eyes. After closer inspection, I realised that my mascara was completely off of my eyes and onto my cheeks. I quickly wiped off all my makeup with a wipe and tried to fan my eyes to make them less puffy and red.

A few minutes later, Bucky quietly knocked on my door.
"Beau?" He whispered "Let's go."
I stood up and opened my door. I scanned around my room for one final check. I met him in the hallway and walked beside him as we went downstairs to the Quinjet. I set in the co-ordinates and sat in the pilot's seat.

"You ready?" I asked Bucky as he sat down in the seat behind me.
"Fire it up baby" He answered with a smirk. I smiled and turned on the jet.

I'm pretty sure I was still drunk so I let FRIDAY fly auto-pilot and I just leaned back and watched the sky.
I set the speed to high so then it wouldn't take long for us to get there.

"Where are they Beau?" Bucky asked about 20 minutes into the journey.
"A fancy hotel Glasgow, I think Tony may be paying for it because I don't think Wanda would go that bougie." I answered.
"I see." He replied

"What did you take from Steve by the way?" I asked curiously.
"Oh, only a pair of jeans, a tee and a sweater. I can live on that." He answered.
"Perfect. I'm sure we can go shopping or something." I suggested. Bucky chuckled.
"Yeah maybe. Get a souvenir for us." He said. I chuckled with him.