|- chapter twenty four -|

After Bucky and I's small shenanigan, we actually packed for my new, temporary life.
We worked as a team, I packed up my clothes while Bucky packed my makeup and bathroom things.
I didn't really care about what I was packing, I just grabbed half of each rack of clothes in my wardrobe and shoved it in a suitcase. I had packed two large cases before I called over Bucky to take them through into the middle of my room.

"I still can't believe that you couldn't drag it like five feet." He said with a small smile.
"I know, but I just wanted to see you... and your muscles." I said, sliding my hands around his torso. He kissed my lips softly, sliding his hands around my back.

"Hey kissy-faces, time to leave. Can you survive not sucking on each other for long enough?" Tony declared. I quickly pulled away from Bucky from being scared and leaned my head into his chest, feeling a rush of pink fall into my cheeks from embarrassment.
"We'll be ready in 10 minutes." Bucky said with a sigh.
Tony left the room quietly and shut the door. I pulled away from Bucky and went over to my vanity to get my hairbrushes with a pair of hair straighteners and a hair dryer. Bucky rolled his eyes at the excessive amount of things I was taking because he knew he was taking the majority of it to the jet, but that was the catalyst that made me add more.

Once I had finally finished, I had two large suitcases of just clothes and another medium sized suitcase with my makeup, facial routine, hair stuff and other toiletries in there. I took that one because it was significantly lighter. We went down the elevator because the bags were too big for us to go down the stairs safely, it was also faster.

Tony was waiting for us outside the quinjet with his phone out. He looked and felt anxious, even with Bucky around me I could still feel it. Anyways, we packed the bags into the jet and sat inside, Tony quickly followed behind us, buckling up in the pilot seat.

Soon after, we were in the air and on the way to Wakanda. Tony was going abnormally fast for what seemed like a flight that would be at average speed. His anxiousness was abnormally strong now, even for Tony.

"What's wrong Tony?" I asked with concern in my tone. He looked back at me with a pained smile.
"I'm fine bug. Promise" He replied. I looked at him, unimpressed.
"You do realise I feel every emotion on any human being right?" I said.

"Beau I wouldn't" Bucky thought. "Even I can tell something's wrong, just leave him be."
I sat back defeated and just watched the passing clouds and land as we flew past them.

"We're gonna be there in 30 minutes, don't get comfy." Tony muttered.
"Tony you're burning the jet's fuel, you'll need to fill up the tank when we get there." I said.
"So I'll do that Bell. I can handle it, it's fine." He answered bluntly.

I sat back and watched ahead as we soared past tiny islands and sea water, occasionally seeing a flock of birds pass us by.

"I wish I was a bird." I heard Bucky think. "just absolute freedom and no way of being brainwashed into murdering people for half of your life." he added. I turned to look at him with concern in my eyes. He was already looking at me too.
"What?" He asked innocently.
"Nothing." I said "You're just... weird sometimes." I answered.
"Thank you." He said back with a smirk.

You should be arriving in Wakanda in around 5 minutes sir. Shall I put in a request for a refuel there?

"Yes please Friday, maybe try and make it snappy, there's important things to do when I get back." Tony answered. I stood up and walked towards him.
"Tony if there are important things going on back home, we shouldn't have left." I said.
"No Bell, it was more of a reason to go sooner." He hissed. Bucky's head shot up, he knew something seriously serious was up.
"Stark... What's going on? What have you found?" He asked.
"...him." He answered quietly. "I found the person who was the primary source of Annabel's suffering. We need. To go back. As soon as we get there." He said while staring right into Bucky's eyes.
Bucky's fists clenched and his back tensed up.
"I'm gonna kill him when I see his face." He thought. His anger was overpowering, I felt taken aback with how strong it was. Tony noticed and tapped his arm. He looked back at me and loosened all of his muscles.
"Sorry Beau." he thought quietly.

We have arrived sir.

I looked out of the window and saw Wakanda being unveiled in front of me. FRIDAY landed the jet quickly and Tony whisked both Bucky and I out and dropped off our stuff while the jet was being refuelled.
Tony gave me a quick hug and a "be safe bug" before he zoomed off.

and that was it, that was when my home turned into a life in a huge frickin' palace.

But little did I know, I was going to call this place home for the next 3, almost 4 years of my life. And it wasn't going to be easy.