|- chapter seven -|

I woke up alone in the room. I looked outside to realise that it was still dark. It must've been about 4 or 5 in the morning.
I figured that I probably wouldn't get much sleep again, I searched for T'Challa's training room.

I went down a huge flight of stairs and found the gym door open. I entered and saw Bucky boxing a punching bag very aggressively.
"Hey Super Soldier." I said.
Bucky stopped abusing the punching bag and looked at me.
"What are you doing awake? It's 5am." He asked.
"I woke up and decided to work out because I knew I wasn't gonna get more sleep." I answered.
"Fair enough" He replied. "Wanna use this?" He asked.
"Sure." I replied, stepping up to the punching bag and started hitting it.

After throwing around 10 punches, Bucky stopped me.
"You're doing it wrong." He said. He stood behind me and pushed my shoulders. He moved my feet in a little and pulled my fists closer to my face.
"When being thrown a punch, you need to be able to defend yourself quickly." He said quietly in my ear.
"You throw a punch like this," He said as he slowly moved my arm towards the punching bag and then back, guarding my face. "We have to protect that pretty face of yours." He muttered.
I dropped my arms down and glared at him. He laughed and raised his hands up defensively.
"What? I need to flirt with someone before I get frozen over." He excused himself.
"Oh yeah... That's today." I muttered, stepping away from the punching bag and sitting on the bench a few steps behind me.
"Beau, don't be like that. It won't be for long. They've got a plan they just need to finalise it." Bucky said reassuringly.
"Then why can't you stay unfrozen?" I asked.
"I'm too fucking dangerous!" He yelled. "I could kill you Beau! I could break a fucking door down with my pinky! I'm too scared to touch anyone in case I hurt them. You're too fragile for me to hurt!"
I was taken aback. I looked at him in shock. I felt huge waves of anger and fear come through from him.
"I think I'm just gonna go back to bed. I'll see you in a bit." I said quietly. I quickly walked out of the gym and went back upstairs to my bedroom.

Before I walked in, Steve left his room.
"Hey, I heard yelling. Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah. Fine. Just heading back to bed." I replied.
"Are you sure? You look a little shaken up." He asked again.
I said nothing but leaned my head into his chest. He was like a protective older brother to me. Although at times it can be really annoying, he sometimes is just the person I need at that time.
Steve wrapped his arms around me protectively and walked me into his bedroom that he had alone. His emotions were pretty calm so I was calm too. Sometimes when I gave him hugs, his mind was racing with things and it just stressed me out more. Thankfully, this morning was not one of those times.

"Why are you up so early anyways?" He asked.
"I dunno, I just woke up." I replied.
"Are you tired at all?"
"Hmm, A little."
"Okay, lie down here. I'll just stay here and wake you up further into the morning." He said, letting me go and letting me lie down on his bed.
"Thanks Steve." I said with a smile. He answered by squeezing my hand slightly and sitting on the couch on the other side of the room.
I shut my eyes and relaxed. I eventually fell asleep again.

~~

I was shaken awake by Steve. It was bright outside and the curtains were opened.
"C'mon, We only have a few hours until Bucky's gone." Steve said.

I groaned and crawled out of bed.
I walked out of Steve's room and went into mine.
I was met with Bucky sitting on my bed and when he saw me, he stood up.
"Oh, hey. I thought you'd be having your last meal or something." I said casually.
"Bell. I'm sorry for screaming at you. It wasn't your fault." He said.
"I know, it just kind of scared me." I replied.
"It scared me too." He added. "I wanted to come over and apologise last night, but when I walked into Steve's room. You were passed out on him."
"Oh, Sorry about that." I apologised.
"It's okay... Can you forgive me?" He asked. "I'll control my temper I promise."
"It's fine Bucky. Of course I forgive you." I said. "It was a one time thing, like my situation last night." I said, trying to make him feel better about his small outburst.
"Yeah, exactly." He answered.

"On another hand, do you want me to take you to breakfast?" He offered.
"Sure, I wouldn't mind some Wakandan cuisine." I replied.

We walked out the room side by side and took a nice walk down to the castle dining room. We sat down in the middle of the huge table and different servers rushed around to get us food and a drink. I thanked each of them while reading their emotions. They were all anxious about being around Bucky, even he knew that.
"Beau they don't want me here." He thought.
As there were still anxious servers scurrying around the room. I tried lightly squeezed his flesh hand tried to reassure him that it would be ok, but when I touched his hand, he pulled it away quickly.
We quickly ate so then the servers wouldn't be so anxious around him and left the dining hall.
It was already 11am, Bucky had an hour until he was getting frozen over and he had to get a bunch of tests done.

We slowly made our way towards the room where he'd be 'living' in and he was quickly met with doctors and nurses, scurrying around him, placing IVs and taking temperatures and whatnot.
I sat and observed everything, Bucky wasn't impressed with any of the fuss he was getting.
"This is fucking ridiculous." He thought while directly looking into my eyes. I gave him a sympathetic smile and watched all of the doctors leave.
"It's gonna be fine. You'll be back to normal soon." I said.
"True." He replied.
I walked in front of him and walked my fingers up his metal arm. He watched my hand do so all the way up to his shoulder. Once I got to his shoulder, I rested my palm on the cold metal.
"C'mere." He whispered, pulling me into the first hug we've properly had. It was the first time he didn't want to not touch me.

Steve walk into the room unnoticeably.
"I thought you'd be in here." He said, causing Bucky and I to let go of each other. Christ laughed lightly and asked Bucky,

"You doing okay?"
"Probably could be better." He answered. Steve smiled at him.
"Are you sure you want this?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm too dangerous to be out here with people like Zemo out there." He answered like he had had some deep thought about it since my rant yesterday. He seemed more sincere about it.

The hour passed quickly and we watched Bucky step into the chamber. Before the doctor pressed the button, he looked directly at me and smiled.
"Ne vedem pe partea cealalta al my Beau." He thought.
He closed his eyes and took his last breath for a while.

That was it. He was frozen over.

We all stood around the chamber, watching him peacefully slumber in silence.

"T'Challa can you send Bell back to the Avengers Compound please?" Steve asked. "I have work to do." He walked out the room with a strong purpose.
"Wait what?" I said with confusion. "Steve!" I called out, running after him.
"Bell where I'm going you can't be. You're going back to Tony and Nat. I don't care what you say." He instructed, stopping me in my tracks. He was dead serious, he wanted to go alone.
"Fine. Please stay safe." I said.
"I always have been." He answered.
Chris gave me a quick hug and ran off.