|- chapter twenty two -|

I was sitting on the end of the couch watching the TV when I felt Bucky came in the room. The feeling of calm rushed over when he came closer to me.
"Hey." He said, kissing the top of my head before he lay down next to me, resting his head on my lap. He let out a deep sigh and didn't even bother to look at the TV.
"You ok?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his hair. He was tired. I could tell from the dark circles under his eyes and the fatigue-like feeling I got from him.
"Just... exhausted." He answered with his eyes shut. "I'm just too worried about you to sleep." He thought truthfully.

I turned off the TV, took one of his hands and rubbed my thumb across his knuckles.
"Well I'm here and I feel fine. Just nap here for a bit." I said. Bucky smiled and lazily brought our hands up to his mouth and kissed my hand.
"I love you." He mumbled.
"I love you too." I said with a small smile.

Soon enough, Bucky fell peacefully asleep. Soft snores left his mouth as I sat there, lightly scratching his head. The peacefulness I felt coming from him made me feel calm too.
I didn't bother to turn the TV back on, 1, I didn't want to wake Bucky and 2, nothing was interesting on the TV right now.

Later, Tony came into the living room. He looked down at me and saw Bucky asleep.
"Why is he asleep at 2:30 in the afternoon?" He asked.
"He's not been sleeping well. It'll just give him a boost." I answered.
"Well fine. He needs to go on a mission anyways." He said. I gave him a puzzled look. Tony doesn't tell me about someone else's missions. I also didn't know that Bucky had to do missions for the Avengers too. Tony realised my confusion and started to explain.
"It's just a scouting mission in Manhattan. There's something big that's come up that needs investigated. We just need him to check it before the end of the day." He said. I nodded my head and looked down at Bucky.
"Can you wait an hour so he can function enough for the mission?" I asked. Tony sighed and pulled out his phone from his pocket.
"As long as the mission is done by the end of the day I do not care." He answered.
"Thanks Tony." I replied.

Tony and I quietly chit-chatted for about 40 minutes until he brought up Bucky and I letting everyone know about telling the team, or what's left of them anyways. I was on the fence about the idea to be honest. I liked our relationship being private, it added something special to it. But it wouldn't make things awkward if I were to just be able to hold Bucky's hand with the team or generally be a loving girlfriend.

"It's your choice... but I'd tell Barton, being the dad of everyone and all." Tony said, closing off the conversation.
"Bucky can decided, I'm fine with whatever." I replied.

"What am I deciding?" He thought as I saw his eyes flutter open. I took my hands off of his head and let him sit up.
"Ah hello you ray of sunshine." Tony said to Bucky as he rubbed his eyes to take away the sleep from them.
"Come to the conference room in about 20 minutes." Tony said before he put his phone back in his pocket and left the room.

Bucky crawled across the couch to be above me. He leaned down and kissed me. We kissed again and again, and again, and again, until I stopped kissing back. He sat in between my legs and I pushed his hair away from his face.
"Tony wants to know if we're telling the team about us." I mentioned, breaking the silence.
"I don't mind." He said. "Who's actually present in the team though?" He asked.
"Well..." I began. "Me, You, Tony, Rhodey, Happy, Pepper, Scott, and Clint"
"So literally no one." He said.
"Well no, because we can tell Nat when she comes back and same with Steve and Sam." I reasoned. "And plus, Wanda already knows, so if Wanda knows Vision knows too. Same with Pepper and Tony" I added.
"So, We'll tell about 4 people about us seeing as 4 out of the 8 present Avengers already know." He calculated.
"Yep." I said, popping the 'p'. Bucky rubbed his eyes and shrugged his shoulders.
"Okay then, whatever." He said, answering the original question.
"Great! We'll tell them when you get back." I said, jumping off of the couch and walking over to the doorway to wait for him.