|- chapter three -|

"So what do you actually know about her?" I heard Bucky asked as I felt myself starting to wake up.
"We don't know Buck. She's different. Banner thinks she has healing properties like Wanda does, but stronger. He also thinks that she can make people stronger with training." Steve answered. Bucky let the answer linger in the air while my eyes adjusted to the light through the windows. I noticed that Bucky's arm was awkwardly above me, like he was trying not to touch me.
"Well why haven't you tried them then?" Bucky finally asked.
"She's too unstable. She needs to learn how to get back to being able to control the effect of someone's strong emotion and not make it affect her." Steve explained. I couldn't help but feel Bucky's eyes glued to me. It was like he was mesmerised by me or something.
"Get back to? Does that mean she was able before?" Bucky asked.
"Yes." I mumbled. Bucky lifted his arm up and allowed me to slowly lift myself up onto the seat properly.
"I had gotten the hang of it until about a week after Wanda's incident that caused all of the Sokovia Accords stuff." I began. "It was an ordinary mission and all I had to do was put the guards and the main boss to sleep, but that was when I read the emotions of this one guy. He was super angry and I had accidentally read into his mind. It caused me to spiral out of control and, instead of putting all of them to sleep..." I stopped myself before looking away from him. "I killed them... all 36 of them." I finished.
"Oh." Bucky said.
"Yeah, today was her first mission back. Wanda had only just managed to help her be able to be stable enough to be surrounded by different people." Steve explained.
"You did well then." he thought. I put my hand on his thigh and patted it to signal a 'Thank you'. He smiled softly at me and then went back to conversing with Steve.

We were flying for another couple of hours until Steve took an abrupt right turn. Bucky and I were thrown forwards, he put his arm out in front of me to keep me from falling.
"The fuck?" Bucky questioned.
"We're dropping Bell off at the Avenger's Compound. She's not coming with us where we're going." Steve answered honestly.
"Steve I'm unsure about that... After what Tony and everyone else did to her?" Bucky reasoned
"Steve I'll be fine with staying with you two." I argued.
"No you won't be. We're going to see Tony, who literally almost knocked you out with pain. You're not coming with us." he said bluntly.
"Fine." I replied before turning myself away from him and Bucky.

The ride was silent until Steve landed 10 miles away from the Compound. He told me I had to walk the rest of the way just so he wouldn't trigger the alarm system. I left the quinjet in a huff and quickly walked my way back seeing as I was only wearing a thin jacket and leggings. It was a colder day than usual, I should've brought a jacket.

When I had arrived, I saw that Tony had added a huge new couch. I was exhausted from the walking and the fight that when I looked at it, I flopped onto it instantly and shut my eyes.

I was asleep for a good few hours until I woke up
to a rustling sound coming from the kitchen. Curious, I walked into the kitchen, alert enough for a fight.

I was greeted by the spider kid but without his mask on. He felt alarmed to see me but I put my hands up in surrender.
"Relax kid. I come in peace." I said.
"How can I believe you?" He asked, putting his fists up in preparation to fight. I rolled my eyes and lifted my hand up, the blue mist revealed the memory from my head where Steve told me that he was dropping me off here, Steve's voice stopped playing and the blue mist disappeared. The kid pointed at my hand in shock and in intrigue.
"That's freakin' cool man. How'd you do that?" He asked.
"I was born with it I guess ... I don't remember not having it." I answered, lowering my hand to my side. The kid put down his fists and relaxed.

"I'm Peter by the way." He said more comfortably.
"Annabel." I replied "Don't you have school to get to?" I added.
"Well, yeah but Mr Stark told me to wait for him here. Happy dropped me off actually." He answered cheerfully.
"Happy's a nice guy" I acknowledged. "Wanna hang out in my room? I have a shit tonne of cool gadgets in there that Tony made me." I asked.
"Sure!" Peter answered.

He followed me up a small flight of stairs and down a long corridor. My room was at the end, next to Wanda's. I opened the door and threw my shoes to the side as I ran towards my bed and flopped down on it.
"Holy shit." Peter breathed out. I looked at him as he gazed in awe at the array of stuff I had laid out on shelves.

I'm pretty sure my room was the biggest, I had a balcony that Tony built for me with Thor and a huge flat screen TV from when I got so sick that I was watching Tony's old interview tapes. He bought me that to stop watching them because he was so embarrassed at his answers.

Peter picked up my VR headset and looked around everywhere with it on.
"Peter that's a sparring simulator to help with combat." I explained.
I watched him as he ducked and threw punches in the air. I laughed when he kept dodging and screaming when the AI bots got too close to him.
"Peter, you're gonna hurt yourself." I said. He stopped and took off the headset.
"I already have. From the Robin Hood guy." Peter answered. I looked at him puzzled. He pulled his suit down and revealed a huge gash on his side that was stitched together messily.
"Jesus Peter." I said in slight disgust and worry. "Who stitched you up like that?!" I asked.
"Happy, but we were on a plane and there was turbulence." He answered.

I walked over to him and placed a hand on his cut.
"Woah! What are you doing?! You're hands are cold!" Peter exclaimed.
"Get used to it... I'm trying to heal you." I explained.
"Have you done it before?" He asked.
I took a deep breath in and looked at him in the eyes.
"Nope." I answered.

I closed my eyes and let the blue mist leave my hand and into his side. I didn't hear Peter complaining so I thought it didn't work. When I opened my eyes, the cut was gone.
"Holy shit!" I said.
"Y-You did it!" Peter exclaimed as he poked and prodded the place where his cut used to be.

"Miss Walker. Mr Stark has arrived at the Compound."

"Thanks FRIDAY." I answered. "Peter, time to get that suit back on."
"Right." He answered and he put his suit back on quickly.

"FRIDAY how does Tony look?" I asked while I brushed my hair with my fingers.

"He's injured. Although. he's very upset."

"Damn it" I muttered. "Kid. Brace yourself."