|- chapter eight -|

It had been almost three months since Bucky had been frozen over and Steve had disappeared. Steve wrote me a letter, explaining that he couldn't come back to the compound. The rules that Tony believed in went against everything he stood for. He broke Sam, Clint, Wanda and Scott out of the prison and wanted to live without the Avengers.
I was heartbroken, reading the letter. It felt like my whole family had fallen apart and I was in the middle of it.

"Vision and Nat disappeared. They said that they wanted to start a life without the fear of fighting someone, which is understandable yet saddening. Nat's my only friend that was around the compound, now I just have Tony when he occasionally visits.

Bucky's been going through a brutal training regime to get rid of the Winter Soldier inside of him. T'Challa said that he's getting better but not stable enough to let me near him. He's apparently gotten worse through the training, like more aggressive, but he's meant to be worse before he gets better.

I occasionally visit Peter though, he's a nice kid. you'd like him Dad. He's good at science and math, all the things up your alley. He's only young, but he's so bright and has such a good heart.

You'd love everyone, one day I'll take someone here to meet you.
I've got to go though Dad, Tony's back to visit today and he said that he has news." I explained to my Dad's grave.
I rested my head on the tombstone before standing back up to observe the mossy stone that has stood there under an old willow tree for years.

"In Memory of
Dan Walker

Loving Father, Husband, Son, Brother and Uncle

{August 15 1958- June 12 2004}"

"Love you, Dad." I said quietly before walking back to Tony's car that I borrowed and drove back.

On the drive back, I received a call from Tony, I answered the call and cleared my throat.

"Hey Tony!" I said
"Where's my car Bug." He said in monotone. He rarely ever called me 'Bug', normally it was after he saw Pepper or he wanted to remind me that I was like one of his own. The child that he wanted but hasn't got.
"I... I wanted to go out for a drive, sorry. I'm 20 minutes away." I confessed. Tony was silent, took a sigh and spoke again.
"Were you visiting your Dad Bell?" He asked sympathetically.
"Yeah." I answered quietly.
"Oh Bug, I'm sorry. I knew that you were lonely, but I've been so busy with Pepper, The kid and trying to find Vision." He apologised.
"It's fine, Tony. I'll see you when I get back." I muttered, ending the phone call.

I drove back quickly and parked the car in the underground garage. Tony met me at the door.
"Hey." He whispered.
I said nothing, he pulled me into a hug and stroked my hair.

"How you feeling?" He asked.
"I wanna see Steve. Wanda. Natasha. Hell, even Bucky, everyone's fucking left Tony. I'm alone 80 percent of the time." I complained.
"I know, I've been really busy for the past month and a half trying to make amends with Germany and everyone else who was upset by Steve." He said.
"That's just bull shit though. We fought for what we believed was right." I argued.
"Fine, fine." He said. He felt defeated and tired.
"I'm sorry Tony, I'll not bring it up." I sighed "What was your news that you wanted to tell me?"
Tony sprung into action and smiled.
"I received some news from a fellow Wakandan King. We're going there immediately." He said, dragging me to the quinjet without giving me time to say yes or no to his statement.

Tony started up the quinjet and took off, typing into the navigator the co-ordinates of Wakanda. He sat back and put in a pair of earphones.
"Listen, I have a work call that I need to take, the quinjet's flying at a normal plane speed at the moment. Just chill out until I'm done." He instructed.