|- chapter six -|

"Bell! You made it!" Steve said brightly.

"Oh shit, What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"We're staying here until I get frozen over." Bucky answered. A smile grew on all of our faces.

Firstly, I walked over to Steve and gave him a hug.
"Sorry for booting you off of the quinjet. Is Tony alright?" He asked while hugging me back.
"Yeah he's fine. You bashed him up badly though man." I replied, letting go.

"So when are you leaving?" Steve asked.
"Uhm, tomorrow night I think." I answered.
"Oh so you can see me get frozen over then." Bucky interrupted.. "It's getting done tomorrow afternoon."
Bucky didn't seem fazed about the fact that his whole life had to go on pause again, maybe even for a long time. It angered me slightly, I thought he'd have a little more remorse, or at least just pretend to show sadness in front of his friends.
"Cool." I replied bluntly. "I'm gonna go explore the palace. I'll catch up with you guys later." I decided, taking my bag into the other room and shoving it on the bed before walking out.

Bucky was waiting for me outside the room.

"Why are you upset?" He asked straight away.
"I'm not." I played off. "I just wanna explore the castle."
"Bullshit." He called out.
"How would you know? You've known me for 26 hours tops." I argued.
"Because I have never seen Steve look so frightened of someone before... and he's fought the fucking Third Reich!" He answered back, raising his voice.
I was taken aback.
"Can you just ... leave me alone please?" I asked.
Bucky sighed. "I don't want to." He started. "I promised T'Challa I'd be good if you were here, I have to be with you all of the time." He said slowly.
"Well then walk with me ... but don't talk." I instructed.
"Yes Ma'am" He replied.

I began to walk around the castle and collect my thoughts. I walked past many meeting rooms, planning rooms and spare bedrooms I assume the Wakandans use for different members of the family.

I turned a right and ended up outside. Bucky stopped behind me, I could feel his breath on the top of my head.

Infront of us, was an elegant fountain and what seemed like a garden. There were benches around the edges of the grass and a path to the other side of the palace.

"Wanna sit?" Bucky asked, gesturing to a bench that was facing the fountain.
"Sure." I answered.

Once we sat down on the bench, I rested my back on the armrest of the bench so I could face him. He sat on the bench normally but I could hear his thoughts as clear as day.
"C'mon Beau, just ask me the question you're dying to ask me." He thought.

"Why aren't you sad for getting frozen over? Or even a little bit remorseful." I asked.
He sighed and looked across at me.
"I dunno Beau. I think it's just because it's happened before, I know what it's like." He explained.
"But you're leaving us." I complained. Bucky smirked.
"I thought we had only known each other for 26 hours?"
"Yeah well... You've treated me more of a human being than a ticking time bomb more than anyone else has." I said.
"Steve doesn't do that-"
"Yes he does!" I snapped. "He can't trust me in meetings, he's terrified I'm gonna kill everyone! Tony treats me like a child! Wanda babies me a lot! No one fucking trusts me!" I yelled, lifting my arms up.

Bucky looked at me and panicked. He grabbed my forearms and pulled them away from my body.
"Beau you need to calm down." He said.
I didn't understand why he said what we said until I looked at my hands.
My power was emitting out of them, and I didn't even realise it. I stopped doing it and looked at my arms in fear.

I stood up and backed away from Bucky.
"You should stay away from me." I said.
"No- Beau, You were just annoyed, it's okay." He reassured. "Let's go on a walk... outside the palace, away from everyone." He held out his hand and took mine. I pulled my hand away from his in fear of hurting him. Instead, he grabbed my forearm. He pulled me out of the gardens and lead me outside the grounds.

Bucky took me to a large field and sat down. I sat next to him and watched the night sky. There were no clouds in sight and the city was silent. It was calming.
Bucky let out a relaxed sigh and lay back.
"Lay back with me, The stars are beautiful." He said, lightly pulling at my forearm. I lay back with him and gazed at the stars.
He wasn't wrong about the beauty of them.

"Y'know sometimes, when Tony or maybe training was tough, I'd go to the roof of the compound and just look at the stars." I admitted.
"I'd do the same if I was in your shoes. It must be a lot of work being able to do what you can do." He replied.
"Yeah... I wish that I didn't have it a lot of the time." I said.
"Why's that?" He asked curiously.
"Well, I'll walk pass anyone and I will know if they've had a bad day or pissed off. Happy emotions are overwhelming and I just don't want to know if someone's feeling horny anymore. It's absolutely horrible." I explained. I caused Bucky to laugh a little at my last complaint.
"Oh yeah? What's it like?" He asked, still laughing.
"It's literally nothing bad, You just know that the guy is hard with his feelings. Girls are really embarrassed about it unless they're in front of a partner... It's just not pleasant." I answered with a small laugh.

"Do you ever need to cry? With feeling someone's emotion?" Bucky asked once we had calmed down. I felt my heart twinge with pain. It had been ages since I had thought about my dad dying. His pain was the first time that I cried over someone's emotion. It was when I stopped feeling his emotion - like a flatline - is when I cried.
"That's a story for another day." I replied with a slight, pained smile. "What about you?" I asked.
"You know everything about me already." He answered "Did you forget about the warehouse? You know ... where we met?"
"Well yeah I know that, but what about the other things?" I answered.

Bucky opened his mouth to speak, but distant bells rang out indicating that it was 10pm.
"We need to go back inside, my curfew's 11pm." Bucky explained, standing up and lifting me up off of the ground.
"What are you... a 14 year old boy? Why the hell do you have a curfew?" I asked as we walked back to the palace.
"T'Challa doesn't trust me. He ordered this." He said.
"Fair enough." I muttered.

We quickly got back to my room and got in.
"I'll let you get changed while I go speak to Steve." He said.
"Ok." I replied.

He left the room and I got changed quickly, brushing my hair and removing my makeup. I shoved my bag on the floor and climbed into bed. Before I went to sleep, Bucky came back in the room and sat on the other side of the room.

"Once, My brother failed a really important examination for the army and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed." I said out of the blue. "That was the first time I cried because of someone else's emotion."
"Sorry to hear that Bell. That must've been hard for your brother." Bucky said.
"Well, He's gotten in anyways. Away in Pakistan at the moment so, he's not too bad." I answered.

I let out a large yawn and cuddled under my comforter. "Are you not gonna sleep?" I asked sleepily.
"I've spent too many years sleeping. I need to catch up on the world." He answered. I smiled at his response and closed my eyes.