chapter 04

Chapter 04 : Chosen≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

Chapter 04 : Chosen
≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

Disbelief swarmed Suyin's mind. She was playing tricks on herself–right? She had just given her all to protect herself and Miyoung, and she was incredibly weak at this very moment. No way was her skin illuminating as if she had just been chosen as a Warrior. You're going insane. You're crazy.

Suyin hesitantly picked up her head, seizing everyone's eyes...including Queen Taeyeon herself. Everyone knew her identity now. Everyone knew what power she held. She was aware of the consequences, and she was horrified by the future. However, another gentle glow called for her in the distance, and she turned.

A sword radiated its golden shine to her. No way. Suyin's shaking breaths have returned, but her limbs fell numb. Her legs gave up on her, and she collapsed.

≿━━━━༺◎༻━━━━≾

Voices echoed through her headache. She didn't know who these voices belonged to– or did she? She didn't know. Suyin's eyes scrunched up, and she peeked through her squint. Confusion rained upon her, and pain pinched her insides. What happened?

"It's impossible! How could she have been chosen?" A voice asked.

"She's dangerous! Don't go near that monster!" Another shouted.

As her hand palmed her forehead, her head rose. She released a huff of air as she had forgotten how to breathe, but a calming wave refreshed her spirits as she inhaled. Suyin examined the floor around her. She was on... clouds? Oh my God. Was she in Heaven?

"Goodness! She has woken!" A voice gasped.

Suyin turned in an instant. She was clueless about the people she saw until a familiar pure white bled into her vision. Where were Miyoung and her mother? What about little Chenle? Her heart stopped, and she sat upon the absurd cloud bed she was laying in. Suyin examined the area once more–empty white seats, a heavenly scent that infiltrated her nose, and white marble... so... was she in Heaven or not–

"You," a man's voice said with an accusing finger.

Suyin froze again, disoriented.

"How in the Hell were you chosen? You are a monster–"

"Quiet," a strict yet calm voice cut in. An old man entered the conversation. He was dressed in grey and white silk robes. Grey had bleached out his once natural straight black hair. His thin hair reached his back, and his beard was the same long length.

"Master Wonchul, do you not realize the issue here!? She is a Shadow Wielder–the same as who the Dyskro was all those years ago! She cannot be a warrior!" another man countered, "you know that she should have been executed at birth!"