chapter 34

Chapter 34 : An Enchanting Dance≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

Suyin strolled through a short haze of the glistering chandeliers above. As she looked back down, she caught glimpses of the crystal lighting on Colin's shiny accessories. Colin lifted Suyin's hand and rested the other on her upper back as he stepped in front of Suyin.

"I've never been to a ball," Suyin chuckled nervously, eyeing surrounding couples. "And I've never danced."

"How interesting–you look like you would be a professional," Colin hummed. "Either way, you will be wonderful in my hands. All you need to do is follow my lead."

The orchestra began their next piece with steady chords. Colin waltzed to the right, swaying around with Suyin staring at her feet. Suyin picked up her head, spotting Colin's amusement through the rising curl on his mouth. She appreciated Conlin's enchanting pale blue gaze and adorable mannerisms. Perhaps Suyin should have focused on him, but her wandering eyes failed her. Suyin constantly glanced at the outer wall of nobles watching the dance.

"You truly are the belle of the ball, Suyin," Colin flattered.

Suyin's timid smile appeared. "You're giving me too many compliments," Suyin said, lowering her head. She pursed her smile and gandered off again–as if searching for something.

The two continued stepping from side to side, progressing to their right. Suyin's mind snapped back as Colin lifted her arm, twirling her. Suyin found the spin unexpected and practically tripped. She, fortunately, held onto Colin's arms and continued following the musical strings.

"Suyin," Colin said, urging Suyin's head forward. The charm in his expression had fallen a bit. "Is there...something disturbing you?"

"Oh, no...Do I look disturbed?" Suyin asked.

Colin detached their holding hands, steering Suyin to the left. He spun her back, leaning into her ear. "You seem rather distracted," he remarked. "Your eyes keep straying from mine."

Suyin's stare fell, and she shook her head. "I'm just looking around. That's all," Suyin explained.

"I promise there is nothing to be afraid of," Colin reassured. "It is only me."

The song eventually concluded with a stretching chord gliding over the vast walls and high ceiling. Suyin acknowledged how Colin and everyone else bowed to their partners, compelling her to do the same. She raised her head up to Colin's smile.

"You were fantastic," Colin commented. "I told you following me was easy."

"Thank you for taking me for my first dance," Suyin replied.

"It was my pleasure. Would you care for another?" Colin asked, reaching out his hand. Before Suyin could respond, she caught the movement of someone nearing from the side. They arrived before she could turn.