chapter 20

Chapter 20 : When A Sakura Falls≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

As the sun burrowed into the grassy grounds, the team of eight finally arrived at the Myoui Shiro. Thatched roofs layered upon each other until the structure reached the sky. Like Sunoo had wished for, majestic sakura trees surrounded the entire palace. The daily evening glow of the sakura trees had begun–cherry blossoms invaded the grounds, and the sweet petals infused the air.

Servants led the team to Lady Myoui Mina–the owner of the Myoui Shiro. A lavender floral kimono flowed down Lady Myoui's figure. She instantly welcomed the warriors with a bow and a gentle smile. "Ah, Nishimura Riki! It has been so long since I've seen you. You've already matured since the last time we met. You look even more like your father," Mina chuckled, remarking on his mature features. "I've always known you'd do fantastic things with your talents."

"Thank you, Lady Myoui. It's been quite some time," Niki hummed with a grin.

Mina nodded, and she faced the rest of the team. "Your appearance has been anticipated since we were informed about your stay here for your journey. Knowing that my home will serve meaning in your mission brings me great honor," Mina expressed. She displayed her sweet smile and gestured towards the entrance. "Well, you should rest. I will have my servants prepare a soothing tea for all of you. Please, follow me to our guest bedrooms."

The eight eventually claimed their bedrooms. As Suyin entered hers through shoji screen doors, she scanned the cream tan room. Her bed rested on the floor against the wall, and a black lowered table sat at the center. On the opposite side, another opening led to the outdoors. She entered her personal bathroom to freshen herself up before bed, but she ceased her footsteps. I forgot my bag, she thought, realizing she had left her bag near their dragons. Suyin sighed to herself and exited her room.

On her own, Suyin reached the front entrance again. She welcomed the floral air to her face as soon as she opened the wide doors. Her eyes focused on the stone bridge ahead of her until voices surfaced from the corner. Suyin shrunk back, allowing her ears to listen in.

"Why did Lady Myoui agree to let the warriors stay when that girl is a part of them?" a woman's voice uttered. "Does Lady Myoui have no sympathy for the rest of us?"

"Absolutely. That Shadow Wielder is a menace. I wouldn't dare to go anywhere near her," another woman agreed.

"I would have welcomed the Eight Warriors full-heartedly. But if it counts the girl, then I'd refuse. She's a danger to everyone here. She could potentially wreck this whole Shiro," the other went on. "If anything, she'd be our kingdom's downfall."

"I wonder why the sword chose her out of all nobles. Don't others see just how threatening she is?"

Two women dressed in pastel kimonos turned from the right corner. Gasps rang and bounced off their mouths. Their eyes fell onto Suyin, and they slithered down her figure. "Um– Warrior Huang, what an...honor it is to meet you," the lady in blue spoke.