chapter 27

Chapter 27 : Low Hums≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

After discovering the bizarre tower, Jungwon, Sunghoon, Niki, and Suyin returned to their original meeting spot. They explained their discovery to the rest of the team, earning stunned reactions. Disbelief tickled at the back of everyone's heads.

Once discussed, the team headed northwest as a whole. Despite traveling in the mountains for so long, Suyin still shivered as if arriving for the first minute. The sight of the ominous black tower poured a new breath of cold onto her. The breezes sharpened their blades, scraping her skin so heedlessly. Everyone else found the weather at least tolerable, but Suyin couldn't bear it any longer.

A short pang arose in Suyin's head, and her face stilled. Another pulse coursed through, and Suyin palmed her forehead. Her same vexing headache had invited itself once again. Suyin's head hung down, and she laid her hand on a person's back.

"I think I..." Suyin trailed off, screwing her eyes shut. "I can't..."

Her hand remained attached to Sunoo. Sunoo turned, hands staying clueless at his sides. "Suyin?" Sunoo questioned.

"My head," Suyin blurted. Although she couldn't see his reaction, she sensed worry building up through his frozen state.

"Guys," Sunoo announced. "Suyin doesn't look very well."

Suyin lost touch with Sunoo as he stepped off. The pulsing increased, pounding harsher by the second. While Suyin sensed the group's footsteps approaching a stop, her legs wouldn't budge as if morphing into stone.

"Suyin," Jungwon called, voice nearing. "Yah, Suyin." His hand laid on her shoulder, and he leaned forward. "What's wrong?" His low voice acted as a soothing reliever for a moment.

"My headache is back," Suyin answered, staring at the ground.

"Again?" Jungwon questioned.

Suyin groaned, crushing her eyes again. She cradled her head as black invaded her vision with every clench in her brain. She didn't quite know if she had gone insane, but a swift, strange voice pierced through her head. Jungwon held her head up, resting his fingers on her face. Suyin welcomed Jungwon's darkening and blurred face into her sight. She saw Jungwon stiffening for a moment, viewing his knit brows.

"Your skin is so cold," Jungwon remarked, brushing her baby hairs away as he lightly patted her skin. "Jay, we need heat. Her skin is way too cold."

Suyin heard the two argue for a moment. Jay most likely refused. Nonetheless, she heard Jay's rough exhale before a sprinkle of warmth poured onto her skin. Suyin's face relaxed as the heat smothered her body like an oven.

"I'm going to use ametrine instead of clear quartz this time. It's a healing crystal technique I haven't tried yet, but it should heal headaches better," Jungwon explained.