chapter 33

Chapter 33 : Entering the Ball's Golden Haze≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

Tonight, countless crystal lights were lit for the queen's birthday. The moon's luminous light washed out the total blackness of the evening. Candle-lit chandeliers sprinkled onto the marble-tiled floors of the famous royal ballroom. There were gorgeous men and women dressed in exquisite silks and tulle, painting the scene with color.

The seven male warriors were dressed in their lavish, charming outfits. They huddled near the entrance of the ball, waiting for their announcements. Choruses of laughter and conversations escaped from the ballroom. However, their announcements were only one of the things they were waiting on.

"Lord and Lady Lewis have arrived!" The announcer stated to the massive crowd.

The warriors stood anxiously. They shot constant glances at the golden clock since they missed one member: Suyin.

"Where could she be?" Sunoo muttered. "It's almost time."

"I don't know," Jungwon huffed, crossing his arms. He tapped his foot on the carpet floor, impatient for Suyin's arrival.

"Perhaps something abrupt came up in the dressing room?" Jake guessed, shrugging.

≿━━━━༺◎༻━━━━≾

"Goodness gracious, give me that," Minghao cursed, snatching the black ribbon from Ten.

"I'm sorry! I don't know how to work with hair!" Ten panicked, shaking his hands in the air.

"Who told you to deal with hair?? Lisa is usually in charge of hair!" Minghao shot, catching sight of Lisa's averting eyes. "Lisa, get over here, woman."

Minghao clicked his tongue, stressed while Lisa tied up the top half of Suyin's hair. "Warrior Huang needs to be at the ball in ten minutes!! Is her face almost done?" Minghao asked their main beautifier.

"Almost!" Ningning squeaked, lifting purple beautifying powder to Suyin's closed eyelids. Suyin could feel her sweat beading on her palms, trying not to open her eyes.

After several moments, Ningning told Suyin to open her eyes. Suyin stole a glance from the mirror and inhaled slowly, living in incredulity. Suyin's completed look stunned her. She stood in a surreal moment, knowing she wore a top-quality gown and was about to enter her first ball. She felt anxiety climbing up her insides. However, the dressers gathered at Suyin's front and displayed their relief, viewing her all-done face.

"Off you go, honey. No time for mirrors. You need to be at the ball now," Minghao ordered, swatting his hands at Suyin. "The queen is anticipating your appearance. I don't mean to rush you, but I am positive they are close to announcing your name."

"And don't forget: you will be the biggest surprise there," Ten encouraged Suyin.

Suyin stumbled off the fitting platform, pinching her dress up. Her short black heels clicked against the floor when dashing out of the room and thanking the dressers out loud. Troubled thoughts of the nobles crashed through her mind, but they vanished as one thing occupied her priority being on time. Suyin swerved around a corner. A sigh burst out from her lungs as she spotted Sunghoon walking through a doorway at the hall's center. He must have gone last. She heard the announcer's voice welcoming Sunghoon, shoving her closer to the entrance.