chapter 14

Chapter 14 : Where's Your Confidence?≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

Jungwon hadn't seen Suyin since morning–none of them had. Not even Master Wonchul had seen her, and he hadn't informed the boys on anything. Jungwon usually saw her every now and then around the palace, but she was gone.

Suyin was absent from the dinner table today, not that it wasn't normal. Suyin usually trained extra longer on her own or with Wonchul. However, today, her stressed eyes wouldn't flee Jungwon's mind. How could they? The moment she flashed her eyes at Jungwon, a voice called to him. Jungwon stood right in front of her and witnessed her powers–it happened twice now.

"Jungwon-ah," Jay broke his train of thought. Jungwon looked up to his elder, who placed stir-fried bok choy into his bowl. "Eat well~"

Jungwon side-eyed the redhead who pinched his cheeks, but he melted into a small smile nonetheless, displaying his apparent dimple.

"LOOK AT HOW CUTE– oh my God," Jay gushed. "And his dimple pops out whenever he eats something."

Jungwon rolled his eyes, but before he could speak, the Cryo butt in. "Quit acting like that. It's annoying," Sunghoon grumbled on Jungwon's opposite side, sparks of snowflakes floating in his frigid aura.

Jungwon sensed the heat blazing from Jay's skin. The boy had a fire warming up inside him like an oven, and his eyes flared up. "Oh– you really want to comment on something again, huh?" Jay chuckled wryly.

Cold temperatures spiked Jungwon's arm, foreshadowing Sunghoon's next retort. Heat waves and icy air hit him on his opposite ends. Jungwon exhaled, and he shut his eyes. "Guys, we need to get along," Jungwon cut in. The two lowered their heads at the younger's statement, and they sulked in their chairs.

Silence filled the dining room for a moment until Sunoo cleared his throat. All eyes pinned on the pink-haired boy. "So...Have any of you seen her since this morning?" Sunoo asked. Everyone shook their heads in reply.

"We haven't seen her powers since the Sky Arena incident... I'm honestly still dumbstruck to see them, let alone knowing the fact that she's actually on our team," Jake commented.

"I haven't spoken to her once," Jay said, sipping his hot tea. "And I'm never getting close to that Shadow Wielder. The way she released her power was uncontrolled."

The boys nodded their heads.

"It was terrifying...I still wonder why the sword even chose her. She's like the complete opposite of what a chosen warrior should be," Sunoo added.

While the boys chatted away, Jungwon slipped into his own head and wandered off into his thoughts.

≿━━━━༺◎༻━━━━≾