chapter 35

Chapter 35 : Dark Murmurs≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Chapter 35 : Dark Murmurs
≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

The whole ballroom hushed into a respectful silence as Queen Taeyeon settled back into her polished golden throne. The queen's gown glistened in the light as if an angel's tears cascaded her flowing back piece. The skirt of her dress flared out generously, displaying the queen's significance.

One of the queen's men cleared his throat, gaining all eyes. "The Eight Warriors, who have been training for months at the Aureum Palace, have refined their abilities for protecting Lucinda and our glorious majesty–Queen Taeyeon," the man announced. "This evening, our warriors will display their abilities as a performance to congratulate her majesty's 45th birthday and their notable training period."

Suyin stood against the wall, attempting to hide from the millions of eyes splattering on their team. The only time she had displayed her powers in front of a massive audience was at the Sky Arena, and that moment occurred by accident. This time, pressure lived at the heart of the room. Suyin needed to demonstrate her improvement...or the kingdom would be disappointed in her further.

Suyin watched as Sunghoon stepped onto the higher platform, standing at the center with his hands folded at his back. As cold silence froze over the enormous ballroom, Sunghoon closed his eyes. Sunghoon sprayed the floor with a thin ice sheet, skating around the platform. Frost fluttered in the air, cooling the audience. While a Sunghoon spun in circles, Jake entered the scene, forming stacks of water. His streaks of hydro brought a moment of purity amid frigidness. Together, their water and ice created spikes out of the ground.

Eventually, floral vines sprouted, wrapping around the icicles. Sunoo revealed himself through a puff of vibrant leaves, jumping into the scene. Sunoo ran along a growing floral pathway, sprinkling petals from above. His legs gradually ceased their steps, allowing the vines to carry him away.

After the innocent flowers, the plants ignited, screeching in red flames. Jay invited himself, front flipping into view. The scorching fire devoured the vines and remaining ice, skittering across the platform. Jay rose from his kneeled position, thrusting his arms out. A fire crackled like fireworks at his fingers.

Heeseung levitated over Jay's head, landing in front of him. The fire roared, blowing heat over skins as Heeseung spread his arms. The winds expressed a soft glow, matching Heeseung's calm gaze. Heeseung guided the air with graceful movements of his arms, maneuvering on the platform. As Heeseung floated up, his whirling winds were followed by a storm.
Thunder rumbled at the hands of Niki. Electricity crackled along the floor, silent static foreshadowing the next movement. Niki stomped and earned flinches as lightning slapped the ground.

Suyin hauled herself out of her never-ending stare. She knew she was about to enter soon. Her hand laid on her rapid heartbeat, and tried patting away the nerves cluttering her chest.