A Fork in The Road

Heading off towards Calbridge, they encounter a group of bandits robbing a caravan.

     "Hey Rose, how do you want to handle this," Delgan asks. "We don't have time to deal with a bunch of unruly vagabonds." Within an instant, Rose drew her arrow. It gracefully flew and impaled the bandit. "What the- you little" the other bandit exclaimed. Quickly Rose drew another arrow and killed him as well. "Ahh, The old we don't care but actually do care card nice touch Rose" Delgan chuckled. Rose replied with a dastardly smirk. Rose prepared another arrow. "Check to see if there's anyone left." Delgan quickly scans to see if there is anyone, "all clear", he adds moving towards the caravan to assess the damage.

         The merchants seem relieved and slightly concerned "you guys aren't bandits are you?" "No, we are hunters we were on our way to Calbridge" Delgan answers. "Oh, that makes sense with all the extra gear you have. We've had merchant caravans getting attacked recently, I'm just glad you weren't bandits and came instead. We could really use some help." the merchant pleaded. Rose groans silently "another detour then?" she groaned. "Well, we could try to convince you to join us." The merchant offers. Rose looks unimpressed by the idea "Why would we do that when we can just leave you behind?" She scoffs. "I'm going to have to agree with Rose on this, we don't really have the time to deal with bandits" Delgan states harshly. "Wait you said you were hunters going to Calbridge right? That place is crawling with the undead, the military is trying to cut their numbers down so they won't take kindly to anyone entering Calbridge even if they're hunters" the merchant shares. "Dammit, we really need to get to Calbridge" Delgan curses.

     The merchant has a glint in his eye. "Hold up now boy. We have permits to get into Calbridge. If you help us with our bandit problem, we could bring you along with us." the man presents. Rose exchanged a look with Delgan before nodding "fine then, let's just get this over with" She accepted. Delgan and Rose reluctantly agree, what choice did they have, they couldn't take on the military and a lich. Delgan goes over the plans with the head merchant. He explains to Delgan and Rose about the bandit camp and its leader. "Their leader is the one orchestrating these attacks, if you take him and his gang out then the rest of the bandits should disperse." the merchant states.