No Loose Ends

The merchant eyed Delgan warily. Delgan stared back and noticed his eyes were filled with fear. The head merchant swallowed nervously but tried to remain calm. Delgan drew his sword and put it against the final merchant's throat. "We're taking those permits" He declared. The head merchant slowly reaches inside his cloak and hands the permits to Delgan. "I have only one question for you," Delgan says menacingly. "Why are the Dravon military using slaves? I thought your country abolished slavery years ago?" he questioned. The head merchant's face became serious. "Do you not know what's going on in this country boy? Undead are running rampant and we're losing more men and weapons than we can get. Even the goddamn men that die, are bound to become undead. We're fighting a losing battle against that damn lich" the man exclaimed. Delgan's face went from serious to adamant. "Lich you say? Where is this lich?" Delgan insisted. He presses the blade against his throat even harder. "It's in the Calbridge Catacombs. The military keeps trying to seal it off, but undead keep pouring out. This is why the Dravon military have been using slaves in the mines and as soldiers." He shared. 

Delgan's face was unchanging. "You're putting the elderly and children in those mines? That doesn't make any sense. Why not destroy the catacombs?" Delgan questions. The merchant smirks. "Not too smart of a hunter are you boy? The catacombs have a protective enchantment on them. So much so that any mage who tries to dispel it rots and decays immediately." The merchant states with a hint of amusement. "So even if you do make it there, you ain't ever gonna get in those catacombs boy" the man chuckles. Delgan grows annoyed with the merchant and slits his throat. "That's enough out of you" Delgan mutters. His arm felt heavy as he swung it down, the blade piercing flesh and carving through bone and cartilage. The merchant dropped to his knees and began gargling on his own blood. Delgan finishes the job and beheads him. A moment of silence followed as the merchant's head rolled on the floor. Delgan sheathed his blade and stared down at the headless corpse. "See you in hell, boy" Delgan mocked. On her feet now, Rose looks at the severed head. "Well that was dramatic" Rose mused. "So what's the plan?" She asked Delgan. "We need to get to the Calbridge and search the Catacombs".