The Mysterious Traveler

Freya's Pov

    "All this waiting is literally going to make me lose my mind" Freya grumbles. Feeling her mental barriers weaken at the thought, she sighs running her fingers through her hair. "Don't let it control you, can't let it control you" she could feel her barrier strengthen as she chants to herself quietly. As Rose walked away to get the drinks, Freya catches Delgan watching Rose curiously. "You might as well tell her you're in love with her already?" Freya flatly suggests. Shocked, Delgan turns his attention towards Freya. "love!.. What? No, it's not like that" Delgan chokes on his words. "Are you sure about that? Because you look like a lovesick child" Freya laughs, slapping his arm. "We're just comrades," Delgan says sternly rubbing his arm where she had hit him. "Look dude you can play dumb with everyone else, but I saw the way you calmed her with your fires, and if that wasn't love then I don't know what is" Freya chuckled. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me" she added. Delgan looked dumbfounded, Of course, they appeared close, they've known each other forever. It was his duty to protect her. But of course, being a simple bandit, he didn't expect Freya to understand the importance of duty. Rolling his eyes at her ridiculous accusation, he turned his attention back to Rose noticing she was now sitting next to someone while waiting on their ale. Freya watches Delgan closely as he zones out. 'Man the guy has it bad for her' Freya chuckles to herself shaking her head. "Damn, for a guy who says he's not in love, he sure as hell loves to stare at her" Freya mocked, snapping Delgan out of his thoughts. "I'm just making sure she's safe" he insisted. Freya looks over at the cloaked guy next to Rose. "Ah I see, you're afraid there might be a little competition" she smirked. Delgan scoffed "oh please, it's just another guy getting his hopes up. Rose will set him straight" Delgan chuckles to himself. "Yeah, sure big guy, we'll go with that" Freya says watching Delgan knowing he's a lot more uncomfortable with the situation than he'd like to admit.

Rose Pov

    Rose kept her gaze straight, "waiting... what an ironic choice of words" she scoffed, but the man grinned. "I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about." He responded innocently. Rose's tone was flat. "The snake tattoo on your neck gave you away. I always double check my plans and I'm pretty sure 'meet a creepy cloaked traveler with a snake tattoo on his neck at a tavern in the village of Belview to receive intel on the lich' was on the top of my todo list. Now I know I made it to the tavern in Belview, but what happened, oh yes, my informer never showed up." She accused. The man placed his hand on his heart as he pretended to be distressed by her words. "creepy?" he questioned. With a smug look, he continued. "Oh you mean my cloak, well love if you wanted to see my face and all its glory.." he smirked, "all you had to do was ask'' he finished. The man slowly raised his gloved hands to remove his cloak. Rose's curiosity got the better of her. She glanced over to take a look, his eyes, a translucent hazel color, pierced into her own. She noticed his full lips as they formed a cocky grin that bent and scrunched up at his cheek forming a mischievous dimple. His entire demeanor gave up a clashing presence of an angel and the devil himself... it lured her in, like a moth to a flame. It was like she was in a trance. She felt the need to lick her own lips in response to the growing smirk on his face. She suddenly became aware of how dry her throat felt. She tore her eyes away from the man and looked back at the barkeep. "Where are those drinks," she ordered, but the barkeep hadn't moved an inch from his spot. He was still slowly cleaning the same mug. The man chuckled before walking behind the bar. "Yeah they're not very lively today, guess these are on the house" he proclaimed as he poured ale in three glasses, placed them on a tray, and slid on a couple of pieces of bread. "Order up, three ales and bread for the lovely lady" he announced alluringly.

     Rose clicked her tongue. "Thanks" she simply said before sliding three silver coins inside the empty mug the barkeep mindlessly polished. She went to grab the drinks, but the man gracefully hopped over the bar and grabbed them first. "Whoa love, let me get that for you" he offered. Rose scoffed at his arrogance and in a swift motion slid the tray of drinks out of his hands and began to walk towards the table. "Clearly I didn't need your help at Belview because I still made it here, and I definitely don't need your help with a few measly drinks" she quipped. The man chuckled and stood in front of Rose blocking her path to the table, with a smirk he suggested "oh come on, the way I see it, you were supposed to meet me at A tavern, and..." he looked around before continuing "yup, this place looks like a tavern to me. So why don't we have a drink together" he insisted. Rose rolled her eyes and stepped around the man. He stopped behind her and continued. " Besides, who said I would be completely useless to you, I still have tons of intel on the lich" he revealed. Rose stopped walking, turned around, marched up to the man, and with a serious tone said. "Tell me what you know about the lich or stop wasting my time" she demanded. The man smirked again and leaned closer to Rose. Her chest tightened as he did, the closer he got to her, the stronger her instincts told her to pull away. Before he could speak Delgan was at Rose's side. "Is there a problem here" Delgan challenged. Eyes still focused on Rose the man smirked. "Nope," his gaze then shifted to Delgan. Rose noticed a slight shade of darkness starting to form in the man's eyes as he glared at Delgan. His smirk went from cocky to ominous. "Unless you want there to be," he said coldly. Delgan looked at Rose and stepped forward. Though he kept his hands at his sides. Rose felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as if he had touched her. Through gritted teeth, Delgan spat. "Is that so?" he challenged again, the two slowly reached for their weapons.