The Final Battle

Group Pov

     As the lich dodges Rose's daggers, Delgan slashes from behind cleaving at the lich's side. Anticipating Delgans attack, the lich turned to face him. Before the blade could slash at him, the lich turned to the side making his attack just barely miss. The blade pierced the cloth covering the lich's side. A deep slice was torn in the cloth as the blade dug deep. A gaping hole was formed that exposed the lich's undead torso. The group could see his undead rotten flesh and old bones beneath the cloth. Frustrated, the lich goes to grab Delgan, but Freya flings her vines towards the lich's wrist and yanks him towards her, pulling his focus away. The lich looks at Freya, then at Sylvie's unconscious body. "My Lily pad...What did you do to her you bitch" he cursed. He sends a cloud of death magic up the vine to break himself free. Freya didn't let up. Quickly, she uses her earth magic and shoots her vines for another attack. Her vines rip through his chest and out his back impaling him. The lich shrieks in agony. Trying to get free, he rips at the vines, snapping them apart to disconnect himself from the earth. He staggers and pulls the vines out of his back preparing to retaliate.

     Rose tilts her head to the side. 'Wait... that hurt him,' Rose noted. Snapping her head to Freya she called out, "That hurt him, Freya keep using your magic" she instructed. The lich roared in frustration. "You'll pay for that earth witch" he threatened. As he placed his hands together he chanted "Anillo de fuego de la muerte". The lich twisted his wrist revealing a roaring blue fireball formed in between his boney hands. Even from that distance, Rose could feel the burning heat. It was hot even to her who had her own internal fire. "Freya move out the way!" Delgan warned. Rose saw the lich use this power before. She remembered how fast da priest perished in just a few seconds.

    The lich reeled in his flames before releasing them directly at Freya. Digging her heels into the dirt, Rose sprinted at Freya pushing her out the way and taking the hit. "ahhhhhh" Rose screamed. The flames were unbearably hot even for her. "Rose, No!" cried out Delgan and Freya in unison. The fire scorched Rose's skin but didn't fully consume her. In between her yelps of pain, Rose spoke. "Ughh... I'm.. fine..." she reassured. Taking deep breaths Rose inhaled the flames. They tasted awful, like drinking literal acid. But the more she inhaled the more she realized she could absorb it. The terror inside her groaned in satisfaction. Rose fell to her knees trying to keep the monster restrained within her. Through grunts, she instructed. "Just.. ugh.. stay focused...beat him" she commanded them.

    Delgan looked at his hands where his sigils used to be 'I beg of you Arcadia, give me strength' he pleaded trying to pull at the spirit magic he once controlled but to no avail, Arcadia did not respond. "Damn it" Delgan cursed in frustration. Getting distracted by his efforts, the Lich turns to Delgan. "What was it that you said earlier? Ah yes, your absolutely fucked" The Lich cackled as he ripped a piece of his rib out and impaled Delgan's side with it. "Argghh" Delgan roared. The pain erupted inside of him causing him to clutch his side. His feet threatened to fold. "Awe you poor hunter did that hurt?" The Lich taunted circling Delgan watching the blood pour from his wound. "My my my without Arcadia you really are pathetic... and useless" The Lich whispered leaning in for only Delgan to hear. "Fuck you" Delgan spat fighting through the pain. "Should I go ahead and tell your demon friend what you've done to her father?" He looked down at Delgan's worthless sword. "It's such a shame... guess his death was for nothing" He cackled. "You know nothing of the truth!" Delgan sneered, but the shame that flashed on his face told another story. He to look at the ground. "Hawhaw shall I find out for myself then?" The Lich challenged taking a step closer. His skeletal hands grabbed Delgan's head forcing him to look the Lich in his eyes. "Let's see how fast I can shatter your mind" The lich added as an evil smirk formed on his dead lips. "Took you long enough" Delgan smirked as he withdrew his blade. Despite the unbearable pain he was in, he impales the Lich through his chest and embeds his sword into the ground, trapping the Lich in place. He turns to Freya. "Hit him with everything you got" he shouts as the lich screeches from being pinned in place.